Fund Administration Analyst
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
You'll be working primarily in the Fund and Fee Setup team within Fund Administration in Luxembourg. Our team is in charge of the understanding fund and fee structures and accurately setting them up in our core Fund Administration platforms
We are working in close collaboration with both the Client Onboarding and Operational Teams. The key responsibilities of the role include:
Are you detail oriented, even when multitasking? Do you know how to resolve problems and increase effectiveness and efficiencies? Are you interested in an exciting role with great development opportunities? We're looking for someone like that to help us:
• Liaison with the client and Management Companies to work on fund expense budget elaboration
• Liaison with third parties and internally for company set up, liquidation, merger issues.
• Monthly monitoring of the fee budget accruals
• Creation and maintenance of Performance Fee Model
• Monitoring of NAV fluctuation and control of outstanding items
• Calculation of the ongoing charges (KIID reporting)
• Input and maintenance of Fund Static Data
• Supporting the client onboarding team in fund lifecycle events (launches, mergers, liquidations...)
• Interaction with external vendors, e.g CBL, CSSF; FUNDSQUARE. Skills/ Qualifications:
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Bachelor's or master's degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance
• Experience in Fund Accounting
• An understanding of Lux GAAP and the consolidation principles
• Strong technical and analytical skills
• A good command of Microsoft Excel
• Knowledge of GP3 will be considered a plus
• The ability to stay on track, even when dealing with tight deadlines
• Flexibility - open to shift depending on fund deadlines and departmental requirements
• Understanding of Transfer Agency activity is considered as an asset Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation, all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.