Fund Board Governance Vice President - LUX
Description About this role
Do you strive to implement the highest corporate governance standards to the real asset industry? Are you able to translate business requirements to corporate governance requirement? Would you like to use your know-how to make a difference day in and day out at the world's largest asset manager? Look no further. BlackRock is seeking an Associate to become part of our team in Fund Board Governance based in Luxembourg. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will accept your rare skills, eagerness, and passion while giving you the capability to grow expertly and as an individual.
Want to feel valued every single day, and be recognized, at BlackRock we strive to empower our employees. With over USD $6 trillion of assets we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being. Come join our team and experience what it feels like to be part of an organization that makes a difference.
As a Corporate Governance Authority, you will work closely with internal asset management teams and business partners to ensure communications operate optimally and to the highest standards. Do you strive to implement the highest corporate governance standards? Would you like to use your know-how to make a difference day in and day out at the world's largest asset manager? Look no further! BlackRock is seeking a vice president within Fund Board Governance. We know how it feels to be valued every single day, and be recognized! At BlackRock we strive to empower our employees and actively engage in everyone's success. With over USD $6 trillion of assets we have a fiduciary responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being. Join us and experience what it feels like to be part of an organization that makes a difference.
BlackRock takes a dynamic approach to alternative investments, creating investment vehicles that increasingly capitalize on evolving opportunities in fast-changing markets. We offer clients strategies designed to provide returns with low correlations to the broad equity and bond markets, including private equity, real estate equity and debt, fund of hedge funds, single-strategy hedge funds, long-only absolute return strategies, commodities and structured products.
As Vice-President in the Fund Board Governance team, you will work closely with internal asset management teams and business partners to ensure communications operate effectively and to the highest standards.
- Handling workflows/delegating tasks within the team
- Balance the business of a range of corporate entities by crafting agendas, preparing and distributing Board packs, completing matters arising and minutes and the monitoring Board delegations policies;
- Coordinating due diligence on regulatory requirements ensuring the accurate procedures are in place, and initiate/implement change when required.
- Assisting with incorporation of Luxembourg entities as and when required, more specifically in establishing substance requirements and their role as true decision-makers, including reviewing quarterly reports and annual asset plans, and preparing board papers for the physical meetings held in Luxembourg
- Supporting the strong governance and control framework in place across BlackRock Europe with robust processes and procedures in place to meet all regulatory and statutory obligations.
- Responding to KYC queries
- Scanning and filing documentation for all of the entities within the structureExperience
- Qualified Company Secretary experience but not a pre-requisite;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (strong minute taking ability required);
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with flexibility to adapt to shifting time expectations;
- Highly organized, attention to detail and with excellent personal time management
- Ability to build positive connections across the business, operations and suppliers at all levels of management up to and including Board of Director level;
- Ability to make presentations in person or by conference calls, draft clear and detailed reports;
- Familiarity and experience with Blueprint Software is an advantage;
- Deep understanding and interest in investment instruments and markets is a plus;
- Knowledge of Luxembourg regulatory environment and vehicles, especially alternatives products
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.