- Permanent, Full time
- DO Recruitment Advisors
- 17 Oct 18
Fund Controller (M/F)
- Full time
We are recruiting for a fund controller for a Real Estate company with their EU HQ in Luxembourg.
Fund Controller Real Estate (m/f)
Based in Luxembourg, the Fund Accounting Controller will report to the European Fund Controller and will be responsible for the management of a portfolio of companies to produce the financial statements of the Luxembourg Funds and SPVs.
- Reviewing financial reports (monthly / quarterly / annual) using IFRS for European group companies through liaison with other offices, business personnel and third-party service providers; Preparing periodic financial statements of the company's Luxembourg-based entities;
- Take responsibility for issuing regular reporting and providing back-up commentary to the European Fund Controller;
- Supporting the annual budgeting process for the companies and businesses concerned and produce the relevant tax, regulatory and statutory reporting with the support of third party service providers;
- Liaising with external auditors and completing all necessary reporting and investigation associated with financial reports and address any issues or recommendations raised within the Fund Financials Statements;
- Act as the liaison point for all third-party matters and be available to personnel within the relevant business areas to answer any ad hoc questions or follow-up on matters with the appropriate service provider;
- Working alongside other team members and external advisors throughout the transaction process involving the purchase and sale of real estate assets;
- Performing key controls on the NAV production process via reviews of data provided by the Fund Administrator and extracted from appropriate sources, investigating potential risks identified;
- Follow-up with service providers regarding any issues raised until resolution;
- Being involved with the invoicing and transaction payment processes;
- Assist with construction loan draws, Fund cash management and investor capital call/distribution processes;
Assist with coordination of transaction document flow and execution between countries and service providers
The Candidate Profile:
- 3-5 years' experience within fund accounting, fund controlling or audit
- Experience in dealing with Real Estate Funds is a strong advantage
- Strong analytical skills matched with practical business application
- Ability to work independently and pro actively when necessary, but must always be a team player
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English. (German, Polish or French are considered an asset)
- Proficiency in MS Office tools
- Knowledge of IFRS/ Lux GAAP/ US GAAP is an asset
Our client is a real estate fund company.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, some of our clients ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.