DO Recruitment Advisors are delighted to represent our client, a highly renowned International Financial Services Company, in their search for a Head of Data Technology.
HEAD OF DATA TECHNOLOGY
The Head of Data Technology is responsible for the creation, maintenance and management of a data strategy that is aligned with business needs, reflects best practices and increases option value for the business unit or organization. The position is required to interpret, use and apply their knowledge and expertise in data architecture to inform a range of projects. The role is responsible for creating and maintaining data models and designing associated components related to data transformation, data quality, meta data management, reporting and analytics. The role is expected to ensure that the data, integration and analytics architecture complies with overall portfolio standards and is designed for appropriate extensibility, security and quality. The Data Technology Lead also serves as a subject matter expert informing data governance initiative. The role will also oversee internal or offshore Data Engineers and Analysts.
The winning candidate will be committed, passionate, energetic, responsible and exhibit good judgement. They will have a collaborative spirit and ability to adapt working with other technologists, business leaders and the larger community of portfolio company architects. The role reports to the CTO.
Responsibilities: (including but are not limited to)
- Define enterprise wide data strategy, principles, roadmap, vision and standards in line with company vision.
- Work with Business and IT leaders to define strategic and tactical data requirements of the organization to fulfil business needs and ensure respective business, application, data and technology perspectives are in line with the organization's technology and governance strategies, policies and standards.
- Lead data architecture efforts to structure, integrate, govern, store, describe, model, and maintain data in the enterprise for optimal accuracy and usage
- Lead and champions the deployment of a data and analytics platform that integrates varied sources of data and delivers business value while aligning with the CHEF framework
- Provide leadership, guidance and coordinate development and deployment of data and analytics related projects across development teams
- Understand current enterprise data quality capabilities and strive for continuous improvement
- Work with data governance committee to help define data related policies and procedures and their enforcement
- Champion the use of visual modeling tools for defining data architectures
- Collaborate with wider portfolio community in sharing best practices, lessons learned. Constantly updates the data architecture based on evolving technologies and products.
- Facilitate and deploy a master data management strategy
- Review and provide guidance related to data security, retention and archival.
- Understand and communicate data requirements related to future infrastructure needs, working with other IT architects (in-house, partners and vendors) to develop an approach that fits the current and planned needs of the organization.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- Experience with relational and dimensional database modelling
- Strong experience designing and deploying full stack data analytics platforms including the use of data warehouse technologies and data visualization tools such as PowerBI.
- Strong experience with both real-time and batch pipelines-based data integration frameworks
- Experience with visual modelling tools including UML
- Experience in full life cycle of complex software deployment projects using structured methodologies including Agile/Scrum and SDLC
- Thoughtful practitioner of software engineering methodologies, frameworks and tools
- Strong experience architecting and deploying cloud enabled data solutions
- Exposure to NoSQL database technologies
- Exposure to big data platforms like Hadoop
- Strong experience with Microsoft SQL and Azure stack
Desirable, but not required:
- Experience in Real Estate industry
- Data science based statistical modelling approaches
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, MIS is a plus
- Leadership and managerial skills
- Able to ramp-up quickly. Takes initiative and is a self-starter
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Can zoom from big picture to detail
- Relevant domain experience
- Creative thinking, problem solving, and decision making
- Experience in position's region
- Teaching /coaching Skills
- General IT knowledge
- Can interact with client executive team
Desirable but not required:
- Can work and collaborate effectively remotely
- Experience with appropriate organization profile (size and complexity)
- 2nd language
Our client is a highly renowned International Financial Services Company active in the Real Estate realm. They have a mid-sized operation in Luxembourg that is growing year on year.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, our client can ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check may also be requested.