Head of Client Services
Head of Client Services (M/F) Who we're looking for
We in the client services department are looking for a decision maker head of the department and colleague, that can lead and motivate teams, has strong analytical skills, is flexible and has strong knowledge of client on-boarding processes, with special emphasis on the contractual part and/or initial and ongoing AML/KYC . We are responsible for the client on-boarding and the performance of initial and ongoing due diligence and well as the treatment of client request and the follow up on any agreement changes. We are all curious, interested in delivering high quality reports that management can use to take decisions. Ideally, the future head should have a good understanding of distribution in the public and private assets space and the IMA to set up dedicated funds like French FCPs. We all speak different languages in order to cover all the regions Schroders sells SIM EU funds or its investment expertises.
French and English are a must for the position and any additional language would be a really value added! About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We are a team of 22 and a long time student from the university of Limerick. We have in common:
What you'll do
- We like servicing clients and are not afraid of urgent requests
- We like the interaction with our partners / investors
- We all speak English
- We are not afraid of regulation
- We have a good understanding of AML requirements
- We like working for an international asset manager
- We support each other in case of urgency
- We like technology especially when it can ease our daily work (robo, artificial intelligence are just great!)
- We all like good food, nice time together and travelling
The role of the Head of client services is to maintain a robust oversight governance framework that supports Schroders Europe global operating model; ensuring adherence to prescribed outsourcing regulations, monitoring performance against agreed SLA deliverables and promoting a partnership approach with our outsourcing service providers.
Effective management of the teams by answering their question, being available and setting up priorities. It is expected from the head of the department to support he conducting officer responsible for Marketing and Branches Oversight. The person is solution dirven and like technology.
The person has a strong legal or compliance background. She/he always looks for improvements and is not afraid of change. She/he is flexible and can work in a agile environment.
She/ he constantly work at improving the knowledge of the team and well as developing each individual. The person will have at least the following duties and responsibilities:
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that you need It would help you if:
- Ensure that the Schroders Europe Oversight Model is appropriate for the business and meets the regulatory requirements and Schroders Europe outsourcing policy by establishing the right Operating Memorandum and SLAs, including KPIs and following up with the delegates
- Drive the implementation of the various Oversight Model for different kind of delegates (distributors being delegates)
- Ensure all procedures and roles & responsibilities are reviewed annually or earlier if a material change to operational activities occurs
- Held regular 1/1 with the -1
- Set up goals and held mid year and end of year review with the -1 as well as together with the Conducting Officer responsible for marketing sets the goals for the department
- Train and motivate teams
- Write Manco reports and board reports
- Escalate to the Conducting Officer each time it is needed
- Establish and maintain governance arrangements with the outsourcing service providers, ensuring any escalated issues are resolved quickly and effectively within agreed timescales
- Coordinate and lead annual reviews to measure providers performance, including the request, receipt and closure of corrective action plans
- Participate in all quality management and improvement activities, including participating in key stakeholder committees and meetings for the delegated functions
- Act as a point of escalation for AML/KYC related oversight matters and manage issues to resolution, in line with the internal escalation protocols
- Ensure the timely receipt of accurate and complete reporting for all required for the delegated subcontractor, including KPIs
- Attend and contribute to operational, client, risk, audit and regulatory meetings as required, and actively contribute to ALFI related working groups
- Ensure timely reporting is received and provided to management as and when required
- Support Schroders strategy and put in place the required processes or actions
- You come from an AML/KYC or Legal department from an asset manager or financial institution with a minimum of 12 to 15 years experience;
- Good understanding of the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF) regulations and oversight requirements;
- Experience in reviewing processes, assessing risks and defining controls;
- You are a strong team leader and player with excellent communication skills;
- You hold a degree in law or equivalent;
- You are fluent in English (verbal and written) and French (verbal and written) , another European language (such as Spanish and Italian) would be an asset;
- You have a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel and Word.
What you'll be like
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
- You are a decision maker with solution oriented mind-set and you take initiatives
- You are multi-task, you can work under pressure with respect to the deadlines
- You enjoy to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
- You are enthusiastic with a positive can do attitude
- You pay good attention to detail while appreciating the bigger picture
- You are focused and follow topics till their full resolution
- You differentiate between information which are to stay within the department and the one which can be shared with others (discretion appreciated)
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age. To apply, please visit www.schroders.com/careers .