Head of Division (FI - TRES - FEAS)
- Contract, Full time
- European Investment Bank
- 15 Oct 18
This is a full time position at grade 7/C
The term of this contract will be 4 years
Assessment Centres for selected candidates would take place in December
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
As Head of Division you will lead, coordinate and supervise the work of the Division consisting of a team of financial specialists and quantitative analysts in order to manage and strengthen the EIB financial engineering activity and advisory services related to our lending-related products to support the lending functions, diversify our financial instruments and improve its value added to customers.
You will report to the Head of Department and will manage a team of approx. 11 employees.
You will closely cooperate with the other Divisions/Desks of the Treasury, in particular Asset & Liability Management (ALM) and will have frequent contact with other teams in the Finance Directorate (particularly Back-office Loans). Close cooperation as well with IT, Lending, Restructuring, Legal and Risk Management.
You will represent the EIB externally on matters linked to the financial products and maintain and strengthen relationships with other EU institutions, supranational organisations, customers, banking counterparts and professional associations.
- You will build a strategy and the policies for developing the EIB financial products in close cooperation with the lending directorates so as to achieve the objectives set by the bank in the lending domain with product design that also guarantee the financial long-term sustainability of EIB’s business model.
- Coordinate and supervise the preparation of policy papers in coordination with other concerned services
- Contribute in relevant committees and working groups (New Product Committee, ALCO and sub-Committees as the case may be, etc.)
- Follow external markets to analyse financial product developments which can impact the EIB and to introduce and adopt new techniques for its activity
- You will establish and manage the resources and means to implement the strategy and the policies for product development in the most effective and efficient way.
- Propose and manage budgets including division relevant plans and projects
- Ensure the establishment of appropriate methodologies, procedures, IT systems and working tools for own domain (e.g. models for pricing new products, rate setting methodology decided at bank’s level, etc.)
- Identify areas of improvement in own division and lead the implementation of the improvement plans You will plan, organise, lead and control the division activities. Allocate responsibilities, set objectives and evaluate the performance of the division's staff. Ensure an effective cooperation among team members and other EIB staff, as well as the dissemination and cross fertilisation of information inside and outside the division, as necessary
- You will select, manage and supervise the staff within the division in order to ensure they have the right competencies, objectives and motivation to implement the formulated strategy and policies and deliver results
- You will supervise and intervene in the execution of key processes related to financial engineering activities, rate setting and the provision of advisory services to internal (and, on case-by-case basis, external) customers. More precisely, you will:
- Ensure day-to-day operational management of the division, including the continuous functioning of the rate quotation activity for new business as well as for post-signature events (debt restructurings, risk pricing transfer, prepayments, revisions/conversions of interest rates), coordinating related hedging activity with the ALM division
- Ensure adequate maintenance and further development of the Division’s IT and workflow systems
- Supervise the provision of financial advisory to Lending and Restructuring Departments
- Organise and supervise the division’s advisory services in the domain of product development such as the design and implementation of new financial products
- Contribute to the EIB pricing policy, particularly as member of the Asset/Liability Committee (ALCO)
- You will provide – or ensure the availability of - specific advice and recommendations on product and/or process innovation in the financial domain in order to align EIB with standard methodology.
- University Master’s degree in a quantitative domain, e.g. finance with focus on derivatives and quantitative methods, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or any related subject
- 10 years’ professional experience within the financial sector, preferably in fields such as structured finance, derivatives, financial engineering, quantitative finance, risk modelling or the like
- At least 3 years’ experience in managing and mentoring people ideally in multicultural environments or international organisations (e.g. contribution to: deciding on team resources and skills; establishing objectives; assessing performance; delegating and supervising tasks; guiding, motivating, mentoring and providing feedback)
- Excellent knowledge of financial markets and new financial products for end-user clients
- Advanced proficiency in financial engineering techniques
- Extensive expertise in financial models and derivatives valuation techniques and issues
- Good knowledge of the EIB’s lending-related products
- Deep understanding of the EIB mission and activities as well as the political and operating framework in which the bank operates
- Knowledge of EIB’s IT applications (RaSA, Serapis, FK-TRM, FK-CLM, …) would be a plus
- Proficiency in computer applications: experience in programming and development of valuation models including risk assessment would be an advantage
- Fluent in English and/or French and a good command of the other.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
- Developing Others: Builds the long-term capability of others by guiding and developing them to make the most of their competence and potential, based on an accurate understanding of their true strengths and development needs.
- Strategic Thinking: Thinks about the long-term organisation strategy and how to align to and implement it; come up with useful new strategic insights.
- Team Leadership: Builds a high performing team, ensuring it is focused, motivated and inspired to achieve organisational objectives, encouraging performance excellence and addressing underperformance when required.