As Head of the Registry team of the Transfer Agent (TA) Department, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running and supervision of a team of 4 people whose task is to open, maintain investor accounts in the Bank’s system and perform daily controls related to anti-money laundering (AML) and counter-terrorist financing (CTF) obligations.
Pictet is an investment-led service company, offering wealth management, asset management and related services. We are a partnership of seven owner managers and our principles of succession and transmission of ownership have remained unchanged since foundation in 1805.
Our purpose is to build responsible partnerships with our clients, communities, and the companies in which we invest, in order to safeguard and transmit wealth, of all kinds, in the service of the real economy.
With more than CHF 576 billion in assets under management or custody at 31 December 2019, Pictet is today one of the leading Europe-based independent wealth and asset managers.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland and founded there, Pictet today employs more than 4,200 people. It has 28 offices in: Amsterdam, Barcelona, Basel, Brussels, Dubai, Frankfurt, Geneva, Hong Kong, Lausanne, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan, Monaco, Montreal, Munich, Nassau, Osaka, Paris, Rome, Singapore, Stuttgart, Taipei, Tel Aviv, Tokyo, Turin, Verona and Zurich.
Job description: Your team
As Head of the Registry team of the Transfer Agent (TA) Department, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running and supervision of a team of 4 people whose task is to open, maintain investor accounts in the Bank’s system and perform daily controls related to anti-money laundering (AML) and counter-terrorist financing (CTF) obligations. Your role
- As head of the team you will coordinate with the TA Register analysts to ensure that tasks are carried out smoothly. These include:
- Opening investor accounts in the Transfer Agent unit’s systems
- Managing and archiving AML/KYC documentation in our record-keeping system
- Configuring and updating client databases.
- Performing daily checks of transactions and screening names using systems configured to account for AML regulations.
- Communicating with clients and investors, where necessary.
- Managing a team of 4 people.
- Having an overview of all the team’s activities, updating work processes and managing the risks by putting in place the appropriate indicators and taking the necessary measures.
- Providing daily/weekly key performance indicators to Senior Management.
- Being the go-to person for staff for all queries related to the Registry.
- Uniting staff around common projects, in collaboration with the group leaders.
- Working closely with the TA AML and ODD teams
- Contributing to the preparation of internal and external audits
- Contributing to local and cross-departmental projects, in close collaboration with other departments and business lines.
- Anticipating the team’s needs resulting from innovations with products or legal and regulatory developments.
- University degree in Finance or training/experience deemed equivalent.
- Seven years’ experience working in a managerial role in the field of client registry and AML/KYC.
- Knowledge of Luxembourg AML/KYC regulations and specific topics such as FATCA, CRS and AIFMD.
- Knowledge of the different roles in the investment fund industry (custodian bank, transfer agent and fund administration), as well as of the related regulatory framework.
- Mindful of risks.
- Skilled user of MS Office (specifically in Excel)
- Knowledge of Multifonds software an asset (setting up of standard settlement instructions and the different settlement types)
- Written and spoken fluency in French and English.
- Another language would be an advantage.
- Meticulous in your approach to work and highly organised.
- Resistance to stress.
- Dynamic and able to show initiative in problem solving.
As the successful applicant, your major assets will be your outstanding analytical skills and ability to process information, combined with excellent interpersonal skills and being a team player. Your ability to manage priorities and take initiative will also be appreciated. You will report directly to the Head of the TA AML & Registry team.
Note We will not accept any CVs via agencies