ITID Technical Specialist
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc, Luxembourg Branch
- 12 Feb 18 2018-02-12
ITID Technical Specialist
HSBC Holdings plc, the parent company of the HSBC Group, is headquartered in London. The Group serves customers worldwide from around 3,900 offices in 67 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
With assets of US$2,526bn at 30th September 2017, HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations
HSBC provides a comprehensive range of financial services through four global businesses: Retail Banking & Wealth Management; Commercial Banking; Global Banking and Markets; and Global Private Banking.
The HSBC Group in Luxembourg is a significant employer and operates several businesses including asset management, securities services, private banking and corporate banking.
In order to strengthen our Luxembourg team, we are looking to recruit a:
ITID Technical Specialist
Role and Responsibilities:
The ITID Technical Specialist role is responsible for supporting the local MS Exchange platform. This can include both the development of new functions and facilities and the on-going systems support of live systems. The ITID Technical Specialist also provides technical leadership in the implementation and maintenance of a stable and reliable environment for the local email messaging infrastructure.
As a key member of the local ITID Client Services support team, the selected candidate will be reporting to the regional lead of the Client Services Practice.
The main responsibilities of the role are to maintain and control the local MS Exchange server environment, handle server upgrades and performance monitoring/optimization, provide day-to-day email service support, configure and maintain email accounts by adhering to HSBC Group messaging standards, security policies and procedures.
He/She will be required to continuously interact with the bank’s global server and messaging support teams and be the escalation point for the local support team. He/she will also be expected to work effectively with his/her peers within IT Service Delivery and also other departments within the bank.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Must be willing to regularly work under demanding deadlines and provide comprehensive support on 24x7 high available systems including performance optimization, capacity planning, tuning, installs, upgrades, monitoring
• Effectively collaborate with the support teams regionally and globally
• Provide expert advice on Microsoft server technologies to the team members
• Contribute to the preparation and execution of the annual technology plans of the entity
Professional skills and experience:
• At least five years' experience of supporting Exchange Email environments at all level of the support framework
• Expert working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Windows Server, Exchange Server 2013 and later (automation, troubleshooting, high availability / disaster recovery, security management, patching)
• Understanding of Exchange as part of a large organisation - cross forest connectivity, multiple resource forests, delegation & routing.
• Strong working knowledge of Role Based Access Management (RBAC)
• Strong working knowledge of network topologies and protocols, specifically Domain Name System (DNS), load balancing, routing and Network Address Translation (NAT).
• Strong working knowledge of perimeter security devices and methodologies. (Firewalls, email gateways, proxy servers, anti-virus, etc.)
• Strong working knowledge of PC operating systems and desktop applications (Microsoft Office 2013/2016).
• Understanding and working knowledge of coexistence with other email platforms (free busy, mail routing etc..)
• Experience with Microsoft Identity Management Server, System Center Operations Manager, Microsoft Sharepoint Server and IBM Domino Lotus Notes environment are considered a definite advantage
• Dynamic, enthusiastic and self-motivated person, fluent in English and French languages
• Strong organisational skills and able to work under pressure, managing multiple deadlines, with a commitment to service quality
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills with ability to deal with internal audiences as well as clients and intermediaries at senior level
• Proven abilities in collaborating in virtual teams and working across cultures in a global business context
• Fluency in English, both written and spoken; other languages a definite advantage.
If you want to work in our challenging and multicultural environment and be part of a global team, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae (in English) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
HSBC in Luxembourg strives for true diversity in its workforce and as such we are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we will acknowledge your application only if we wish to proceed to interview. If you have not received a response within 4 weeks your application has not been successful.
Please also note that every selected candidate will have to provide us with a valid criminal record check in due time.