IT Application Support
IT Application Support (M/F) Who we're looking for
We are looking for an IT Application Support, who will be a core member of the Production Support Team Luxembourg. You will be responsible to maintain availability, to provide support and develop monitoring, maintenance and automation tools for a broad range of Business Applications. On a rota basis give phone support in the evening when necessary so that the business process can complete.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements
, with this specific opportunity available to applicants from 3 to 5 days per week.
We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them . About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
What you'll do
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need or that will help
- Maintain availability and provide support for a broad range of business applications.
- Perform daily operations, restoration of any disruptions in service, ensure maintenance is safely executed in production
- Ensure new applications and business functionalities are supportable
- Develop and review monitoring solutions for business applications and middleware including functional checks and integrate into global Application Monitoring Dashboard
- Keep supporting knowledge-base up to date (i.e. technical specifications, communication plans, system test plans, BAU procedures, handover documentation).
- Identify repetitive tasks and undertake development workout automation process
- Ticket management (e.g. incidents, data updates and extracts). Make sure queue is handled in timely manner. Prioritise and escalate tickets accordingly
- Accomplish root cause analysis on major incidents and follow up tasks for mitigation
- Propose technical solutions to business requirements
- Provide estimates for development activities
- Maintain procedures and supporting documentation
- Work with Agile teams as part of new developments und upgrades
- On a rota basis give phone support in the evening when necessary
- Professional communication with stakeholder for major incidents
What you'll be like
- At least 2 to 5 years in a Support role with Microsoft Technologies (T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, .Net specifically C#).
- MS SQL databases 2008 R2 / 2016
- DevOps - CI, build automation, continuous deployment
- Middleware (e.g. Service Fabric, SWIFT, Kafka).
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently troubleshoot in time critical scenarios.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong relationship with technical and business partners.
- Experience in following standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes.
- Experience of Mutual Fund Industry would be advantageous.
- Excellent written and spoken English. Other languages would be advantageous.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
- Friendly, approachable, enjoys working with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Capable of remaining positive when under pressure.
- Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self -improvement.
- Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.