IT Project Manager
- Luxembourg Luxembourg Luxembourg LU
- Contract, Full time
- European Investment Bank.
- 19 Apr 18 2018-04-19
As the IT Project Manager you will be coordinating projects, based on Java and Open source technologies on the field of Bespoke Banking Applications.
The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services (CS) – Information Technology (IT) – Business Services Department (BSD) – Finance and Lending Applications Division (FLA) - Bespoke Banking Applications Unit (BBA), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
IT Project Manager
This is a full time position at grade 4/5
The term of this contract will be 4 years
Panel interviews are anticipated for beginning of/mid-June.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
As the IT Project Manager (internally referred to as Analyst/Officer IT Applications) you will be coordinating projects, based on Java and Open source technologies on the field of Bespoke Banking Applications and analysing user requirements in order to deliver software solutions to EIB’s core business lines based on a solid grasp of banking concepts. You will also implement and maintain new and existing solutions in own domain and works in a team taking care of the whole software lifecycle, including analysis, design, implementation, testing and maintenance.
Operating Network and specific post environment
The Bespoke Banking Applications unit covers a multitude of areas within the EIB, providing in-house developed systems to address the growing needs of the organization. You will be reporting directly to the Head of Bespoke Banking Applications Unit and closely cooperating with the other IT units.
- Ensure that IT policies and initiatives in own domain are implemented and key operational processes are run in the most effective and efficient way•
- Take project management responsibilities to deliver medium, then progressively larger projects and coordinate with business users and other IT technical teams
- Participate in the preparation of business cases and project charters in collaboration with users, and manage projects
- Propose and design technical solutions consistent with business requirements and IT architecture
- Take responsibility for carrying out development and maintenance of the applications in the scope of the Unit and for the deployment of new or modified systems
- Prepare and maintain detailed documentation in line with IT standards as required by the Systems Development Life Cycle, and to satisfy operational and audit needs
- Take care of enquiries from other departments/directorates and provide solutions
- Report on a frequent basis to inform the supervisors of progress
- Provide specific advice and recommendations on Information Solutions in the assigned functional area if requested to foster optimal usage of IT applications and ensure that applications are conceived, built and managed following EIB requirements and EIB/IT standards and methodologies
- Participate in special initiatives that can go beyond the strict boundaries of own field and ensure the realisation of the initiative within the set scope, time and budget
- University degree preferably in computer science or related disciplines
- At least 3 years of relevant IT professional experience in the financial sector
- Demonstrable experience in project management
- Good experience in functional analysis, preferably in the financial sector
- Experience in Java EE-based development
- A basic experience on Microsoft Office-based (Excel + Access + VBA) development would be a distinct asset•
Key technical/professional knowledge and skills
- Excellent knowledge of project management principles, methods and practices
- Some knowledge of financial products, loan and treasury administration, would be a significant advantage. A strong willingness to acquire business knowledge is required
- Deep understanding of Java EE Applications development and databases
- Good knowledge of the Bank’s IT landscape and its related processes/procedures would be an advantage
- Fluent in English and/or French (*) and preferably a solid grasp of the other.
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.•
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability