For the performance of its prudential supervision of investment funds in the area of risk management, the CSSF intends to reinforce its staff and hire an Investment fund risk specialist – International affairs (m/f)
- Prepare and, as representative of the CSSF, participate in and contribute to national, European and international working groups on all relevant topics related to risk management and financial stability in the field of investment funds (e.g. ESMA, ESRB, FSB, IOSCO);
- Contribute to the elaboration of new or enhanced rules on risk management of investment funds at a European and international level;
- Participate in the development/enhancement of the Luxembourg regulatory framework regarding risk management for investment funds (e.g. CSSF regulations, circulars, guidance to industry);
- Provide advice and support on interpretations regarding regulatory requirements for risk management in investment funds.
- Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, or Business Administration and Management;
- A complementary diploma in risk management would constitute an advantage (e.g. FRM);
- Ideally, a professional experience of minimum 7 years in the field of risk management for investment funds;
- Good knowledge of the regulatory framework (UCITS, AIFMD, CESR/ESMA guidelines);
- Full professional proficiency in written and spoken English. Good command of French required; Luxemburgish and/or German will be considered as an advantage;
- Good analytical, organisational, writing, as well as communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team;
- Availability for travel and meetings abroad.
* * *
The successful candidate (m/f) will be hired as public employee (“employé de l’Etat”) under a permanent contract. If the candidate meets the required conditions, s/he will be asked to apply for admission to the status of civil servant (“fonctionnaire de l’Etat”). Prior to the conclusion of the contract, the candidate must submit an extract from the criminal record (bulletin n°3), dated less than 2 months, in order to prove their conduct and integrity. The application file must contain:
- A detailed curriculum vitae,
- A cover letter,
- A copy of the applicant’s ID card,
- A copy of the applicant’s diplomas (candidates who hold foreign diplomas are asked to submit a proof of registration of their diplomas in the register of higher education qualifications issued by the Ministry of Higher Education and Research).
Incomplete or incorrect applications (for example, a diploma that does not correspond to that required or being a non-EU national) will not be processed. Interested persons should submit their applications, indicating the position reference number, to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org