(Junior) Cross-Asset Trader & Investment Analyst
- Luxembourg Luxembourg Luxembourg LU
- Permanent, Full time
- 28 Aug 18 2018-08-28
A leading Luxembourg based investment holding is looking to add a (Junior) Investment Analyst/Cross-Asset Trader to its growing team. His main task will be to actively support the growing investment activities of the Luxembourg entity. He/She will directly report to the Luxembourg entity Manager and collaborate with the London-based advisory team.
- Job Location: Luxembourg.
- Package: Competitive, subject to candidate profile.
- Investment Analysis: Conduct research and analysis on potential investment opportunities (either as lead analyst on certain investment projects such as PE, VC, real estate…) or assist the London based senior advisers (for more complex cases in Equity/Fixed Income) and elaborate investment case presentations. The selected candidate will participate to the regular internal investment meetings with both the Luxembourg & London teams
- Investment structuring: Contribute to investment optimisation via the use of varied OTC instruments
- Risk Management: Contribute to the capital markets risks follow-up, collateral optimization… and provide consistent risk measures on investments
- Cross-Asset Pricing and Execution: Price 1D/Derivatives strats, send pricing requests and trade instructions to counterparties, monitor trade execution and post-trade processing on a wide array of assets: Shares, Bonds, OTC & Listed derivatives, FX, Futures…
- Cash and Treasury management: follow multi-currency cash positions, elaborate cash flow forecasts and execute time deposits, FX swap, and cash management trades
- Front-Office Monitoring: Build and maintain Excel & Bloomberg Blotters / Valuation files / Risk management / reporting tools / market screening tools (Volatility)
- Internal Communication: Prepare internal memos on trades implemented, investment cases, positions updates, risk metrics etc…
- Experience: 4-5 years’ experience minimum in a Front-Office position within a reputable Investment/Private bank or an asset/wealth management company (as junior portfolio manager, financial adviser, execution trader…)
- Education: Degree in market finance. CFA program will be considered an important plus.
- Technical knowledge: Strong knowledge of different asset classes, financial instruments (especially derivatives) and execution techniques.
- IT Skills: Advanced use of Excel (VBA a plus) and Bloomberg. Will be tested during the selection process.
- Ability to quickly grasp and understand technical investments, trading and risk related issues.
- Able to fit seamlessly into an international team of senior people all focussed on delivering work of exceptional quality to their principals
- Detailed oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. English is a must.