New Financial Products Specialist
- Contract, Full time
- European Investment Bank.
- 22 Nov 17 2017-11-22
The successful candidate will, together with other members of the unit, be the contact point and coordinator for the Back-Office Lending divisions (comprising Contracts and Disbursements Division and Loan Administration and Reflows Division) for new financial products proposals within the EIB, in the framework of the New Product Committee process, as well as other initiatives affecting back-office lending operations. S/he will also act as contact point and coordinator for Bank-wide initiatives affecting back-office.
The EIB, the European Union's bank is seeking to recruit for its Finance Directorate (FI) – Planning and Settlement of Operations Department (PRO) – Contracts and Disbursements Division (C&D) – New Products & Technical Support Unit (NPTS), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
New Financial Products Specialist
This is a full time position at grade level 4/5
The term of this contract will be 4 years
Panel interviews are anticipated for beginning of January
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
The successful candidate will, together with other members of the unit, be the contact point and coordinator for the Back-Office Lending divisions (comprising Contracts and Disbursements Division and Loan Administration and Reflows Division) for new financial products proposals within the EIB, in the framework of the New Product Committee process, as well as other initiatives affecting back-office lending operations. S/he will also act as contact point and coordinator for Bank-wide initiatives affecting back-office. In that context s/he will contribute to conduct key business analysis and co-ordinate internally the Back-Office Lending Divisions’ input. The New Products & Technical Support Unit (NPTS) is also responsible for user support to capturing new products, as well as for existing structures in the back-office loan application, in order to ensure the alignment of this application with operational needs.
The position of New Financial Products Specialist, internally referred to as Transaction Processing and Management Analyst, is in the Planning and Settlement of Operations Department, within the Finance Directorate of EIB. The candidate will report to the Head of Unit of NPTS. S/he will co-operate closely with the other units of the Back-Office Lending Divisions and will interact with other EIB Directorates, Departments and Divisions across, in particular with the front office (Operations), Risk Management, Financial Control and Transaction Management and Restructuring. The candidate will be actively involved in matters related to the New Products Committee (NPC) and working groups. S/he will also support the establishment and maintenance of financial product catalogues and provide contribution to various applications of the Finance Directorate.
- Represent and co-ordinate internally the Back-Office Lending Divisions’ input to new product proposals within the framework of the New Product Committee process.
- Represent Back-Office Lending Divisions in working groups relating to bank-wide initiatives.
- Contribute to the implementation of policies and initiatives dealing with systems, procedures and processes.
- Promote the knowledge of new products within the Finance Directorate and support Back-Office Lending Divisions officers in effective monitoring and follow-up of the new products with the aim to avoid operational risk incidents.
- Ensure a good level of coordination and communication with Back-Office Lending Divisions.
- Gather and prioritise Back-Office Lending Divisions’ requirements for maintenance and developments (business projects).
- Propose and follow back-office lending applications improvements with respect to the processes relating to transversal projects and to the treatment of complex loans operations.
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance or Economics.
- 3 years of relevant professional experience in banking, finance or other areas relevant for the role.
- Good knowledge of corporate banking lending products, including loans, equities, sub-ordinated debt, guarantees and risk sharing products.
- Skills in conceptual and problem-solving areas. Experience as Business Analyst would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of processes and procedures related to the administration, control and monitoring of lending operations.
- Very good knowledge of the MS Office tools, in particular Excel. Knowledge of programming languages would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of IT applications supporting lending would be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and/or French(*). Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability