DO Recruitment Advisors is recruiting on behalf of a presitgious bank an OVERSIGHT MANAGER to join their management company. The sucessful candidate has experience in managing/overseeing third party delegates for alternative investment funds. He/She also has a good knowlege of Luxembourg and Irish alternative investments products regulatory requirements
OVERSIGHT MANAGER (M/F)
DO Recruitment Advisors is recruiting on behalf of a prestigious bank an OVERSIGHT MANAGER to join their management company. The sucessfull candidate has experience in managing/overseeing third party delegates for alternative investment funds. He/She also has a good knowledge of Luxembourg and Irish alternative investments products regulatory requirements
Reporting the Senior Operations Manager, you will have to:
- Manage the Central Administration and Custody oversight process,
- Monitor the activities of our delegates (including delegated Investment Managers) in line with the CSSF and CBI guidelines with a particular focus on Closed-Ended Alternative Investment products.
- Be responsible for the supervision and monitoring of the delegated functions.
- -Partner with the delegates, legal, compliance and operations to ensure that the management company complies with regulatory requirements, due diligence policies and internal rules and procedures.
- Administration, investigation and resolution of Transfer Agent, Administrator and Custodian queries as well as managing queries of the AMG Investment Management and Distribution offices;
- Work closely with TA, Administrator and Custodian to ensure timely and accurate processing and settlement of transactions in accordance with the Service Level Agreement;
- Assist in developing measures to align Management Company services to meet future client, regulatory and business needs;
- Assist in implementation of operational best practices and Global Standards;
- Report to Manager on service level achievements and key performance indicators on a routine basis including input to the monthly and quarterly reports to the Management Committee and Boards;
- Develop and improve appropriate key controls for each Funds within the framework of procedures;
- Develop and maintain governance oversight over all operational aspects of the funds;
- Assist in outsource monitoring of the service providers and to maintain a robust vendor management programme;
- Have a risk management mind-set - monitor and enhance the controls of delegated and outsourced provider activities - be involved in client service level reviews, setting up/monitoring KPI/SLAs, reporting on incident review;
- Assist the Conducting Officers in their responsibility for complying with all relevant Regulations, Group policies and other regulatory requirements in relation to oversight obligations;
- Assist with due diligence reviews of outsourced service providers in compliance with:
- CSSF outsourcing guidance requirements and internal Outsourcing and Vendor management Policy
- CBI Fund Administration Outsourcing guidance
- The terms of services agreements
- Assistance with the preparation of new distribution agreements where appropriate;
- To review, maintain and update procedures to ensure they reflect current practices in line with internal Policy and Standards.
- To take responsibility for the collection and onward reporting of reports and management information from service providers, including following up on action points as required;
- Manage, in conjunction with Line Manager, operational changes to product features, including project definition and management
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Education to degree level in a quantitative subject (maths, finance, accounting)
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in funds services, with proven knowledge of Transfer Agency, Custody and Fund Administration Good knowledge of the Luxembourgish and Irish market.
- Must have experience in operations of closed-ended Alternative Funds products
- Knowledge of the Asset Management business
- Experience in Luxembourg and Irish alternative investments products regulatory requirements
- Experience in managing/overseeing third party service providers and administrators
- Knowledge of Operational Risk Frameworks and Controls within an Institutional operating environment
- Experience in outsource management
- Outstanding communication skills, capable of dealing with clients and intermediaries at all levels;
- - Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure, while maintaining close attention to detail;
- - Excellent organisational and time management skills with a positive and pro-active 'can do' attitude;
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Confidence to interact with and influence Senior Management.
- Commercially aware and solutions focused.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all areas of the business.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge to enhance the commercial success of the company and to educate the business, appropriately.
- Demonstrable ability and drive to raise standards and make an impact on the compliance culture across the business.
- Proficient in Excel and experience of working with proprietary and vendor operational systems
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken. Any other European language would be an advantage.
Our client is the management company of an international bank
At the final stages of the recruitment process, some of our clients could ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.