Private Equity Fund Accountant
- Luxembourg Luxembourg Luxembourg LU
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
We are looking to hire Private Equity Fund Accountants to our growing team in our Luxembourg office. The roles will be responsible for providing and managing the accounting and reporting function for a number of private equity clients. A background in Fund Accounting and Private Equity is essential for this role.
Private Equity Fund Accountant
The Account Manager will be responsible for providing and managing the accounting and reporting function for a number of private equity clients. The Account Manager should be a part-qualified accountant with experience in private equity fund administration. Working for a private equity fund manager would otherwise be an advantage. The successful candidate will be expected to have solid written and verbal communications skills, a proven ability to multi-task, and outstanding organisational and problem-solving skills.
• Oversee the maintenance of client general ledgers and various sub-ledgers.
• Oversee and assist with the preparation of audited and unaudited financial statements, partner capital statements and the underlying work papers.
• Oversee and assist with the preparation of partner allocations.
• Oversee and assist with the preparation and delivery of drawdown and distribution notices to limited partners.
• Oversee and assist with the preparation and filing of regulatory reporting such as CSSF and BCL etc.
• Interact with clients to promote and develop ongoing relationship.
• Interact with senior management to implement new initiatives and promote team development
Client Engagement Management:
• Communicate promptly and professionally with clients.
• Prepare appropriate material and responses for client meetings and other requests.
• Coordinate, support and facilitate the external audit process.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
• Strong background in review of fund and deal related legal documents.
• Strong working knowledge of accounting principles, general ledgers, financial statements etc.
• Team player with the ability to coordinate deliverables within a team – this will be very important as cross-team interaction is critical to the smooth running of the group.
• Partnership accounting is a benefit but not critical.
• An understanding of the control environment associated with private equity administration.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail.
• Excellent follow-up, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills including oral and written communication skills.
• Strong client service focus, including the ability to effectively respond to client needs.
• Advanced computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel.
• Ability to adapt quickly to new systems and procedures.
• Accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA or similar) or partly-qualified.
• Experience in accounting (preferably including private equity accounting or partnership accounting).
• University degree (B.A., B.Sc., B.B.S.) in Accounting or Business (preferably majoring in Accountancy or another Financial-related program).
• Fluency in English is essential: French and/or German will be an advantage
• Knowledge of Lux Gaap and IFRS is a plus.
SS&C Technologies/ SS&C GlobeOp is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.