Product Manager - Investment Funds EMEA
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. POSITION PURPOSE
The Product Manager's primary role is to manage the product-related activities in support of the Global Distribution teams. The role involves strategy, development and management responsibilities for the Luxembourg domiciled cross-border investment fund vehicles.
Acting with a high degree of autonomy, and consistent with TRP's global aims, the Product Manager's primary responsibility is to coordinate and supervise cross border fund registration activities in EMEA, APAC and elsewhere, as well as shareholder tax reporting, for UCITS and AIFs including the monitoring of several registration service partners and other agencies.
The role involves working in close partnership with the Global Distribution teams, Asset Class Product Managers, other Product Management teams and external service providers under the general direction of the Luxembourg Management Company and relevant Fund Boards. Furthermore, the role involves:
- the monitoring of the funds' registration compliance in approx. 30 countries globally
- under the direction of the Luxembourg Management Company and relevant Fund Boards, manage and oversee the acquisition of new registrations globally.
- the coordination and management of registration related requests by authorities and internal distribution teams in the countries where the funds' are registered for distribution.
- The supervision and management of the funds' tax reporting status in the relevant countries where the funds' are registered for distribution.
- the oversight and monitoring of service providers.
- taking responsibility for the pipeline of new market initiatives impacting the fund's registration or tax status
- to act as SME with regard to fund registrations and to identify distribution opportunities and challenges as they develop in both the existing countries of registration and elsewhere.
In addition, the expansion of the Funds Product Management function, outside North America, may allow for further enhancements to the current output and responsibilities, and the incumbent will be expected to participate fully in these developments. Principal Responsibilities
CANDIDATE SPECIFICAION: KEY SELECTION CRITERIA AND IDEAL EXPERIENCE
- Proactive management of new and existing fund registrations and distribution services for T. Rowe Price's clients globally for both UCITS and AIFs Reaction to / anticipation of changes in regulation, taxation, market practice, other innovation etc., in order to maintain fund vehicle competitiveness and compliance.
- Acting as a Luxembourg fund registration expert to the Global Distribution teams, as well as other parts of the TRP organization.
- Oversight of the TRP Luxembourg cross border fund registrations, including shareholder tax reporting, in collaboration most notably with the Legal team as well as the Risk, Compliance and Operational oversight functions.
- Exploration of opportunities to enhance the services and functionality provided to the Luxembourg vehicles as well as ensuring continued 'value for money' on behalf of investors.
OTHER PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Proven experience in cross border investment fund registration
- Comprehensive knowledge of the cross-border investment funds industry, regulation and business environment
- Detailed knowledge of available and future Luxembourg vehicles/wrappers including for example SICAV, FCP, SIF, RAIF, tax transparent fund structures, advisory models etc.
- Good understanding of fund vehicle development and management processes and practices together with a sound knowledge of operational and regulatory frameworks and how they relate to "best practice" product governance in a Luxembourg context
- Strong communication skills and experienced at building senior relationships including reporting to Fund Boards
- Unassailable ethics and integrity with a straightforward, honest and agenda free approach
- Composed, self-confident and polished with a senior level presence and an ability to project credibility
- Professional curiosity to identify and drive new ideas of opportunity and an ability to tenaciously pursue problem resolutions
- Strong communication skills, demonstrating the ability to deal with people at all levels of the organization.
- Able to prioritize effectively and think laterally and strong problem-solving ability
- Able to build strong, lasting relationships at all levels within the business unit, across various business units, clients and distributors
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.