RISK MANAGER - AIFM (M/F)
DO Recruitment Advisors is recruiting for a RISK MANAGER to join a ManCo located in the city centre.
The company manages Alternative Investment Funds investing in different asset classes (Private Equity, Infrastructure, Global Equities, Global Fixed Income and Credit, etc).
The ideal candidate has year experience in risk management for illiquid strategies (Private Equity and Infrastructure). He/She must have the drive, skills and commitment to contribute and enhance the company's risk management process.
The risk team is responsible to ensure that the risks in the portfolios managed by the firm are fully understood by the portfolio managers and consistent with the clients' objectives
• Producing risk analysis and reports to be presented to risk committees, portfolio managers and governing bodies (i.e. board of directors, senior management, etc)
• Understanding and analysing the risk drivers impacting the portfolios
• Performing risk assessments of potential investments, identifying key risks and potential mitigating factors, in order to assess their overall impact on the portfolio.
• Actively participating in the due diligence process for new investments across different asset classes.
• Contributing with the risk management view to the company's weekly investment meetings
• Responsibility for the timely and accurate completion of periodic reports to the CSSF and other national competent authorities
• Analyse, report and monitor operational risks; participating in the risk control self-assessment (RCSA) process.
• Oversight and monitoring of delegates and service providers
• Participate in the valuation process as an active member of the Valuation Committee: specific focus on illiquid assets, such as private equity, private debt and infrastructure.
• Assuring data quality in the risk management database.
• Participate in the periodic review of all risk policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with the company's obligations under the AIFMD regulation.
• Identifying and assessing the impact of new regulations for the risk management function, performing gap analysis and planning implementation.
• Support the internal and external audit on risk management issues
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE
• Minimum 4-5 years of experience in risk management roles within the asset management industry in Luxembourg, with significant exposure to private equity, infrastructure and other illiquid investment strategies.
• Fluent in English (spoken and written) with excellent presentation skills.
• Advanced degree in Economics/Finance
• Good knowledge of financial markets, investment theory and risk management models
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
• Advanced Excel/VBA, basic database skills (SQL) highly desirable
• Highly organized, meticulous and detailed oriented.
• Able to adhere to tight deadlines and comfortable working under pressure
• Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment
• Ability to prioritize, multi-tasking, self-starter and working independently
• Keen interest in critical thinking and applying technology to solve problems
• Positive attitude and sound judgement
• Aligned with the group's values: principled, team worker, accountable and committed
Our client is a Fund Management and Asset Management company.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, our client can ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check may also be requested.