- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 14 Jun 18
Risk Management Group - Business Aligned Compliance – Senior Manager, Luxembourg
We are looking to hire a business facing Compliance Manager, to be based in Luxembourg who is primarily focused on Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Asset’s business in Luxembourg. The Compliance Manager will be a member of the wider Risk Management Group (RMG). In the role you will utilise your proven relationship and stakeholder management skills to advise the businesses located in Luxembourg and oversee Macquarie Group’s compliance requirements in Luxembourg.
- Provide compliance support to MAM teams in Luxembourg and assist with regulatory issues relating to fund origination and distribution, institutional fund management and affiliates transactions
- Act as a contact for interactions with the CSSF
- Assist with compliance review and approval of new transactions, products and funds
- Review and approval of marketing materials
- Develop and maintain compliance plans, related policies and procedures and monitor compliance with these policies
- Take responsibility for the preparation of regulatory compliance reports as required per the compliance plans and governance framework
- Carry out ongoing assessment of the compliance framework operating within the business and ensure adequate controls are established
- Oversee the monitoring, reporting and escalation of compliance issues
- Keep abreast of upcoming, new and revised rules, regulations and directives applicable to the business, and facilitate changes as required. This includes proactive and early communication with business and compliance stakeholders to ensure timely compliance with any changes required
- Assist senior management with the delivery of key divisional projects as required
- Liaise with compliance colleagues to assist with the delivery of an effective tailored training programme
- The role will involve liaison with senior management, relevant boards, Macquarie Compliance and External Regulators
- Significant compliance experience gained within the asset management industry (may include related experience in a legal or regulatory role) preferably within private equity or multi-asset Asset Manager
- Compliance experience gained within a financial service, legal, regulatory or consultancy environment
- Familiarity with the Luxembourg regulatory regime and of key European jurisdictions
- Familiarity with AIFs
- Demonstration of a solid understanding of AIFMD directives
- Experience in reviewing and approving marketing materials for regulatory compliance
- Have an interest in working closely with the business
- Take a pragmatic commercial approach to compliance whilst achieving the desired outcome
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable research skills
- Enthusiasm, motivation and the ability to be proactive
- Ability to work independently, determine priorities and meet deadlines
Macquarie Group is a global diversified financial group. Macquarie acts primarily as an investment intermediary for institutional, corporate, government and retail clients and counterparties around the world. Founded in 1969, Macquarie employs over 14,400 people across 25 countries. As of March 2018, Macquarie had assets under management of $496.7 billion.
Macquarie Asset Management (MAM; formerly known as Macquarie Funds Group) is a full-service asset manager, offering a diverse range of products including securities investment management, infrastructure and real asset management, and fund and equity-based structured products
Macquarie Asset Management comprises the following three divisions:
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets
- Macquarie Investment Management
- Macquarie Specialised Investment Solutions
Risk Management Group is an independent and centralised unit responsible for identifying, assessing and monitoring risks across Macquarie. Its divisions include Credit Risk, Prudential, Capital and Markets, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Compliance, Quantitative Applications and Internal Audit.
Find out more about Macquarie at www.macquarie.com/about
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.