SENIOR REAL ESTATE ACCOUNTANT (M/F)
DO Recruitment Advisors is recruiting a Senior RE Accountant, on behalf of a prestigious real estate investment firm. The candidate will report directly to the (A)VP Finance and be in charge of providing general accounting support to the Account Manager and the Finance team.
• Review day to day accounting for various companies • Bank statements;
• Incoming invoices;
• Outgoing invoices;
• Accruals and provisions;
• Maintain interest calculation schedules;
• Maintain amortisation / depreciation schedules if applicable;
• Prepare/review month-end reconciliations;
• Review of accruals and provisions;
• Perform Intercompany reconciliations and advise administration department on intercompany settlements where applicable;
• Prepare financial statements.
Administration & General
• Review periodical VAT returns;
• Review, filing and follow up of information provided by property managers;
• Assist with preparation of monthly cash flows;
• Assist with preparation of the monthly management reports;
• Assist with information packages for lending banks if any;
• Prepare financial information/analysis as required;
• Prepare outgoing invoices where applicable;
• Manage ad hoc correspondence;
• Perform general administrative tasks.
Assistance year end reporting process / audit process
• Prepare annual US tax reporting packages;
• Prepare annual accounts;
• Assist with consolidation process;
• Liaise with external auditors;
• Prepare ad hoc reports / reconciliations.
• Support and coach junior members;
• Assist with preparation of various Bank Reporting;
• Support asset management team with ad hoc financial information / analysis as required;
• Support acquisitions team with financial information as required;
• Work with tax advisors to ensure that tax structuring for investments is complied with and that tax opinion are updated where relevant;
• Assist with continuous improvement initiatives for all financial reporting processes;
• Liaise with 3rd party administrators and finance teams across Europe.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE:
• Degree in accounting (ACCA or similar);
• 5+ years' relevant professional experience;
• Fluency in English (verbally and in writing) - German is considered as a strong advantage;
• Real Estate experience;
• Proficient user of MS Office and accounting software (Yardi preferably);
• Excellent organisation skills;
• Team player;
• Goal oriented and hands on mentality.
Our client is a large US Real Estate Investment firm.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, our client can ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check may also be requested.