Senior Accountant with solid UK experience (M/F)
- annual salary + extra advantages
- Permanent, Full time
- DO Recruitment Advisors
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
DO Recruitment Advisors is currently recruiting for a Senior Accountant with solid knowledge of UK accounting (m/f). Please do not hesitate to have a look at the job description and apply for the role!
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT WITH SOLID UK EXPERIENCE (M/F)
THE JOB :
Our client wishes to further strengthen its Luxembourg team and is currently looking for a senior accountant to be in charge of the preparation of the books and records for the UK Management Company.
The position is based in Luxembourg although there will be occasional travel to other offices in Paris and London.
We are looking for an accountant with experience in Financial Services, ideally within Private Equity sector knowing UK accounting standards.
The incumbent will work closely with the accounts payable clerk and will be responsible (under the supervision of the Group Financial Controller and the Chief Finance Officer) of the books and records of the UK Management Company. The successful candidate will have excellent written and oral communication skills in English, be a team player and enjoy working as part of a smaller team.
- Maintaining accurate accounting records including cash book entries and all month end journals;
- Reconciliation of Balance Sheet and P&L accounts, including intercompany accounts and bank reconciliation;
- Preparing monthly management account;
- Producing year-end statutory consolidated accounts;
- Preparing year-end files and liaising with auditors (at year-end and for interim profit reviews in the year);
- Producing and filing regulatory returns;
- Preparing quarterly VAT returns;
- Liaising with outsourced tax compliance providers;
- Maintaining cash flow forecasts;
- Active participant to the business plan process;
- Preparing intercompany recharges.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE :
- Holding a recognized UK Accountancy qualification;
- At least 7 years' experience within the private equity sector or the fund industry (mandatory);
- Excellent knowledge of UK accounting standards and UK reporting obligations (Pillar 3, ICCAP…);
- Familiar with working in a multi-currency environment;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Candidate must have an excellent knowledge of the English language (oral and writing); knowledge of French would be a plus ;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office, particularly Excel (desirable)
- Knowledge of Sage would be a plus;
- Ability to build and develop relationships with internal/external stakeholders as well as previous experience working with auditors;
- Good attention to detail and reaching high-level quality standards is your main goal (mandatory);
- Well organized, solution driven and proactive;
- You work with flexibility and are a strong team player.
THE CLIENT :
Our client is a Private Equity firm