- Location: Luxembourg
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Northern Trust is recruiting for a Senior Auditor to join the Audit Services function to focus on audits of Northern Trust's asset servicing and asset management activities within EMEA.
Under general supervision, the role includes conducting and documenting audits throughout the Corporation. Based on skill sets and experience, the selected candidate will lead audit project teams, including providing audit team oversight and communicating results of the engagement to management.
The role involves providing technical expertise and training to auditors within the engagement’s audit team. The selected candidate will work closely with Audit Specialists, Audit Team Leads and Audit Managers to confirm the scope of the audit and to devise an appropriate testing approach to be performed during the engagement.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Conducts complex, cross-functional, technically difficult, and high risk audit engagements throughout the Corporation with appropriate attention to detail
• Generally leads audit project teams, including being accountable that the audit engagement meets stated objectives and timeframes, adhering to Department Policies and Standards, and actively communicating results of the engagement.
• Provides technical expertise and applies analytical skills to review information, performs assessments of the audit results, and evaluates the adequacy of controls.
• Actively communicates the audit status to business unit and Audit Services management and is responsible for compiling findings and recommendations for the purpose of status updates, memos, and audit reports.
• Provides training, coaching, and auditing expertise to the audit team.
• Develops technical expertise towards becoming a reliable subject area expert to build authentic relationships with the team and auditee to be able to provide comprehensive, in-depth insight and leadership.
• Balances between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities.
• There will be an element of travel, which will be up to an average of 30%.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Experience of auditing asset and fund servicing activities, typically gained in a financial services audit environment, together with knowledge of risks and controls of these activities, including operational and compliance risks.
• Professional certifications (e.g., CPA, CISA, CIA, ACA, ACCA)
• Strong analytical, leadership, and organizational skills.
• Strong report writing and workpaper documentation skills.
• A College or University degree and/or entry level auditing experience in a financial institution.
The competencies that would be valuable for this role include:
• Analytical thinking
• Time management
• Focused client relationships
• Team player
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of June 30, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
$135 billion in banking assets
$8.1 trillion in assets under custody
$10.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
$1.1 trillion in assets under management
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation; all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.