Senior Fund Accountant – Financial Reporting
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Department Overview
The Fund Reporting department in Luxembourg is a team of 20 partners. The team is presently split over 2 offices, managing the processes of financial, tax and regulatory reporting. These services involve the management of offshore services, service providers and the coordination of interaction with fund auditors and tax advisors.
The team also manages the calculation of fund distributions and the production of daily tax figures. This open post is for officer level within the tax and dividend distributions services team.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing multicultural team and company, and to help shape and influence the future operating model of the team with terrific opportunities for self-development and career advancement. Main Duties
• Supporting the delivery of dividend distributions and also daily tax figures and periodic tax reporting for funds administered.
• Coordination with the reporting team and with the other teams in the fund administration and transfer agency to ensure smooth delivery of client services.
• Supporting the analysis and implementation of changes in services required by regulatory or legal changes. Working with the product management teams, IT and business analysts in planning and executing solutions so that changes in mandatory data are available in time.
• Cooperation and support for client service teams in responding to client queries.
• Managing the delivery of services including:
1. Execution and control of the dividend distribution process;
2. Timely and accurate delivery of daily and period data for production and reporting;
3. Timely identification of changing tax reporting requirements and cooperation with the Product team in the definition of the adequate operational response;
4. Coordination with internal and external parties ensuring that reports comply with legal requirements in terms of data content, layout and timing.
5. Support of the management of incoming requests from fund auditors, distribution partners, fund promoters with the teams responsible for the responses Qualifications And Skills Required
• Knowledge of GP3 software an advantage
• Degree (University) in economics/business administration/accounting
• Good knowledge of fund accounting and legal/regulatory requirements
• Good communication skills
• Good knowledge of the fund administration processes, including distributions and preferably investor related tax requirements
• Accounting knowledge and very good command of MS Excel
• Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
• Strong analytical, organisation and coordination skills
• A very good command of English is essential. Knowledge of German/French beneficial.
• Experience in working with business analysts and IT is an advantage. Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation, all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.