Senior Java Software Engineer (M/F)
a leading European IT solutions provider, is seeking a professional to cover the following opening: Senior Java Software Engineer (M/F) Context:
Our client, a major European Institution, is currently in the process of industrializing several end-user computing applications ("EUCAs") which are currently implemented or would otherwise be implemented in different applications, mostly Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access.
This client's Financial Applications team is migrating these EUCAs to a micro-services architecture and thus is working on several developments using the Java development language. The ESM is looking to extend the current internal development team to speed up the architecture implementation and thereby the EUCAs migration.
In addition, the ESM has to address other business requests which cannot be delivered within the core systems but require developments using the Java development language. You will...
Job Requirements You have...
- Work with the subject matter experts to gather business requirements and any other relevant input;
- Identify risks and liaise on issues related to changes;
- Perform analysis of existing solutions and additional/new end-user requirements;
- Design applications and micro-services addressing these requirements;
- Implement applications and micro-services considering the existing technology stack;
- Test (unit test, integration test, system test, performance test) applications and micro-services;
- Support the business users during user acceptance testing and obtain business sign-off;
- Provide documentation, reporting, and change management related to applications and micro-services;
- Create and execute trainings;
- Perform meeting infrastructure sprint planning, daily Scrum meeting, sprint review, sprint retrospective, backlog grooming.
You might have...
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, or equivalent degree;
- Minimum of 5 years' development and rollout experience with Java in a professional environment;
- Good experience with automatic testing, e.g., JUnit, Cucumber;
- Good experience with Spring, Spring Boot, JPA, and Hibernate;
- Good experience with the use of version control systems, e.g., Subversion, BitBucket, Git, Mercurial;
- Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written;
- Good project management skills: ability to manage multiple tasks under competing deadlines and shifting priorities.
You will get...
- Experience in a finance or capital markets environment;
- Experience of working in IT projects in a financial services context;
- Experience in DevOps;
- Experience in estimating, forecasting, actuals tracking, project reporting.
- Experience with containerized environments, e.g., Docker
- Experience with Apache Camel;
- Solid experience with Angular 2 or comparable web framework;
- Experience with continuous integration and continues delivery pipelines, e.g., Jenkins;
- Experience with column-oriented database solutions, e.g., Apache Cassandra;
- Experience with micro-services monitoring solutions, e.g., ElastiStack.
- Competitive compensation package
- Continuous learning (with the most modern methods - unlimited access to Udemy for Business)
- Interesting and challenging work within large-scale projects
- International dynamic, fast-paced working environment
- Opportunity to work in a diverse environment with talented colleagues
For information regarding our company, current projects, and openings around Europe, please consult our website: www.intrasoft-intl.com . *Please submit your CV in English All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.