RiverBank is recruiting an ambitious Senior Product Owner for its Luxembourg office. The role is to work closely with the key stakeholders to translate business requirements into digital and data driven processes within the new banking platform. As a key member of an agile team, you will need to have a detailed understanding of the business needs to design solutions with IT that enhances the enterprise value. The opportunity to intrinsically transform how Riverbank’s lends by being part of team that is developing bespoke funnels, digital workflows, data science driven analytics and core processing into an integrated customisable banking platform.
RiverBank’s mission is to combine the best of the fintech and banking world. From our offices in Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Paris and head-office in Luxemburg we act as a niche lending specialist. Our core focus is to grant loans to Small and Medium Enterprises and Real Estate Investors in Europe using a fast, flexible and highly performing IT platform.
RiverBank operates under a full and universal European Banking Licence delivering a one-stop shop approach in the entire EU.
As a young company, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team work. RiverBank will offer an entrepreneurial environment within the regulatory banking framework - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. Our culture will promote diversity and individual perspectives in an international environment, represented by more than 15 nationalities.
At RiverBank, we cherish our employees and foster a culture of learning and improvement. From your first day - where you will join a dedicated program to ensure your integration is successful - until many years later, you will be given the required resources to develop personally so that your career at RiverBank gives you a meaningful and lifelong learning experience.
- Work with business and functional units to translate requirements into comprehensive business specifications which are then implemented in the Bank’s new banking platform
- Facilitate a coherent, efficient and effective communication of business needs to the IT developers
- Contribute to the architecture of the platform that supports the full loan cycle process (on-boarding clients, loan application to disbursement) coupled with deal / portfolio reporting and analytic tools
- Support and integrate the central data repository (internal & external data capture, data conversion, business validation, historical, dissemination) into all new and migrated applications
- Ensure each development release is fit for purpose through a defined UAT concept and framework to test use cases, functionality protocols, performance metrics and regression thresholds
- Manage the follow-up and the resolution of UAT findings as well as any operational issues of the new platform
- Manage smooth transition (data migration, process change) in all stages of a modular platform go-live approach
- Adopt best practices for UAT, change management and system deployment
- Establish solid project governance framework and led weekly project meeting across involved departments and work closely with the key stakeholders
- Develop and lead training activities for the Business related to the new platform
- Support audit compliant validation of the platform and support its further development to mitigate any gaps
Skills and Competencies
- At least 10 years of experience in business analysis or product ownership involving a Core Banking system
- Hands-on experience in developing business specifications from scratch and data models for modular multi-tenant lending and/or risk management systems
- Proven track record in delivering business solutions and employing best practices in data concepts, dashboards, workflows, user access rights, reporting and analytics with an emphasis on user configurable principles
- Strong business acumen and understanding value levers within the business that can be transformed by technology solutions
- Solid knowledge of financial and banking instruments, where experience in digital lending would be advantageous
- Strong attention to detail and outstanding ability in balancing stakeholder strategy with strong judgment to support stakeholders to make the right decisions about model and method choices