HSBC Holdings plc, the parent company of the HSBC Group, is headquartered in London. HSBC serves customers worldwide from offices in 64 countries and territories in our geographical regions: Europe, Asia, North America, Latin America, and Middle East and North Africa. With assets of US$2,715bn at 31 December 2019, HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations.
HSBC provides a comprehensive range of financial services through four global businesses: Retail Banking & Wealth Management; Commercial Banking; Global Banking and Markets; and Global Private Banking.
The HSBC Group in Luxembourg is a significant employer and operates several businesses including asset management, securities services, private banking and corporate banking.
In order to strengthen our Asset Management team, the Management Company are currently looking to recruit a:
Service Provider Manager
Your main responsibilities:
Reporting to our HSBC Investment Funds (Luxembourg) SA Senior Operations Manager, you will have to:
• Manage the Central Administration and Custody oversight process
• Monitor the activities of our delegates in line with the CSSF and CBI guidelines for the HSBC Investment Funds (Luxembourg) S.A. Funds with a particular focus on our Irish ETF and ICAV domiciled funds.
• Be responsible for the supervision and monitoring of the delegated functions.
• Be the main point of contact between service providers and internal stakeholders such as the portfolio managers and product specialist.
• Partner with HIFL’s delegates, legal, compliance and operations to ensure that the management company complies with regulatory requirements, due diligence policies and HIFL internal rules and procedures.
• Administration, investigation and resolution of daily Transfer Agent, Administrator and Custodian queries as well as managing queries of the AMG Investment Management and Distribution offices;
• Work closely with TA, Administrator and Custodian to ensure timely and accurate processing and settlement of transactions in accordance with the Service Level Agreement;
• Assist in developing measures to align Management Company services to meet future client, regulatory and business needs;
• Assist in implementation of operational best practices and HSBC Global Standards;
• Report to Manager on service level achievements and key performance indicators on a routine basis including input to the monthly and quarterly reports to the Management Committee and Boards;
• Develop and improve appropriate key controls for each Funds within the framework of procedures;
• Develop and maintain governance oversight over all operational aspects of the funds;
• Assist in outsource monitoring of HIFL’s service providers and to maintain a robust vendor management programme;
• Have a risk management mind-set - monitor and enhance the controls of delegated and outsourced provider activities – be involved in client service level reviews, setting up/monitoring KPI/SLAs, reporting on incident review;
• Assist HIFL and the Conducting Officers in their responsibility for complying with all relevant Regulations, HSBC Group policies and other regulatory requirements in relation to oversight obligations;
• Assist with due diligence reviews of outsourced service providers in compliance with:
- CSSF outsourcing guidance requirements and HSBC Outsourcing and Vendor management Policy
- CBI Fund Administration Outsourcing guidance
- The terms of services agreements
• Assistance with the preparation of new distribution agreements where appropriate;
• To review, maintain and update procedures to ensure they reflect current practices in line with HSBC Policy and Standards.
• To take responsibility for the collection and onward reporting of reports and management information from service providers, including following up on action points as required;
• Manage, in conjunction with Line Manager, operational changes to product features, including project definition and management
Professional Skills and Experience:
• Education to degree level in a quantitative subject (maths, finance, accounting)
• Minimum 5 years relevant experience in funds services, with proven knowledge of Transfer Agency, Custody and Fund Administration Good knowledge of the Luxembourgish, UK and Irish market.
• Must have experience in operations of ETF and ICAV Fund structures
• Knowledge of the Asset Management business
• Experience in Luxembourg and Irish UCITS Funds and Fund regulatory requirements
• Experience in managing/overseeing third party service providers and administrators
• Knowledge of Operational Risk Frameworks and Controls within an Institutional operating environment
• Experience in operations within AIF fund environment would be a plus.
• Experience in outsource management
• Outstanding communication skills, capable of dealing with clients and intermediaries at all levels;
• Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure, while maintaining close attention to detail;
• Excellent organisational and time management skills with a positive and pro-active ‘can do’ attitude;
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
• Confidence to interact with and influence Senior Management.
• Commercially aware and solutions focused.
• Ability to work collaboratively with all areas of the business.
• Demonstrates technical knowledge to enhance the commercial success of HIFL and to educate the business, appropriately.
• Demonstrable ability and drive to raise standards and make an impact on the compliance culture across the business.
• Proficient in Excel and experience of working with proprietary and vendor operational systems
• Fluency in English, both written and spoken. Any other European language would be an advantage.
If you want to work in our challenging and multicultural environment and be part of a global team, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae (in English) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
HSBC in Luxembourg strives for true diversity in its workforce and as such we are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received we will acknowledge your application only if we wish to proceed to interview. If you have not received a response within 4 weeks your application has not been successful
Please also note that every selected candidate will have to provide us with a valid criminal record check in due time.
For any GDPR request, please send it to: email@example.com