Solution Design Lead EMEA
Solution Design Lead EMEA Company Overview
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
Schroders' culture and core values of Integrity, Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence are fundamental to our success, and it is important we reflect them in everything we do. Team Overview
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that's managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we've grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we've been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
The Asset Management Technology EMEA function supports a number of business processes mainly focused on Fund Operations, Distribution, Reporting, and Transfer Agency.
The Technology team works very closely with the business to create a Technology platform with an emphasis on a stable operating environment that can function at multiple speeds and levels of scale. Our primary goal is to deliver value through Technology domain expertise and robust solutions to our customers.
The teams operate under an agile operating model (based on the SAFe methodology) facing off to defined capabilities within our business.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements. At present with this specific opportunity it is expected to require 5 working days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them. Role Overview
The Solution Design Lead is an analysis function with a remit spanning the full Fund Ecosystem and its integration into the wider Asset Management Technology domain.
The team are responsible for conducting end to end solution design analysis with a typical output being an approved architecture design and supporting management level presentation and / or functional specification that can be handed to the capability aligned engineering teams.
You will be responsible for the overall strategy, technical architecture, analysis standards and delivery of technical solutions to the business and supporting capability aligned technology teams within Schroders. Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for supporting the roadmap, strategy, technical architecture, design and delivery of the Schroders Fund Ecosystem connecting in-house and outsourced functions to service our fund business
- Line Management responsibility for the Solution Design Practice team
- Define and ensure adherence to policies, procedures, analysis standards and engagement models that impact the overall service offered by the Global Asset Management Technology function
- Drive continuous improvement within the EMEA Technology capability aligned teams. Ensure the balance between in house and 3rd party providers is appropriate and ensure skill levels of team members are maintained and relevant to both the role they are performing and to support the growth of the team.
- Responsibility for research into new technologies and evaluating benefits to the improvement and enhancement of the Fund Ecosystem platform
- Responsibility for management information and reporting relevant to the Solution Design Practice
- Responsible for adherence to the Schroders Group Technology Architecture policy
- Educated to at least undergraduate degree level in a numerate subject, preferably computer science or similar
- A Technology Leader who can drive the next stage development of our Global Operations Technology platform
- Will have managed delivery to a global client base and involving delivery teams in more than one location
- Ability to deal credibly with Operations business staff and technical users at all levels of the organisation, with strong senior stakeholder management skills
- An individual with both strong business and technical analysis skills, must have detailed knowledge of Fund Operations, Fund Accounting, Fund Distribution, and Transfer Agency
- Have a demonstrable track record of delivering large scale change
- Strong understanding of software development and architecture principles, Microsoft and Cloud technologies
- Proven track record of managing successful engagements with 3 rd party vendors, offshore and near-shore
- Strong people management and leadership skills, must have the ability to drive collaboration across stakeholder groups and IT teams
- Inter-personal skills; tact, patience, courtesy, good listening skills
- Strong self-organisation, time management and prioritisation skills, with the ability to work on multiple priorities in parallel
- Ability to operate under pressure and deliver to demanding deadlines
- Is able to provide a mentoring capability to management team members
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment & reacting proactively to change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.