- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- Full time
Specialist Cash Operations (Temporary- Until 31 January 2019)
Specialist Cash Operations (Temporary- Until 31 January 2019)Specialist Cash Operations
Temporary - Until January 31st 2019
The Cash Operations team processes cash transfers between the Transfer Agency, Shareholders, Agents and the Custodian Bank. It processes an average of 370,000 payments annually and applies over 390,000 receipts per annum.
To enable multi-currency settlement, Cash Operations also performs Foreign Exchange operations on behalf of the Shareholders and of multi currency share-classes' activity.
The team is part of the Cash and Fund Operations department which reviews the Net Asset Values of Schroders' funds.
Overview of role
The candidate is responsible for the following Cash Management tasks:
• Processing and controlling different Cash Payment types (Redemptions, Appropriations, Commissions, Dividends...) in accordance with the international banking cut-off times;
• Supporting the cash matching function. This implies that the employee will identify and apply all cash credited in Schroders' Fund Collection accounts and allocate all amounts received in order to complete the transactions (i.e. subscriptions, foreign exchange settlement...);
• Resolving queries from Clients, Correspondent Banks and other Schroder offices;
• Ensuring a pro active chasing for large amounts, in order to optimize all expected amounts to be settled on correct value date.
• Maintaining the key departmental statistics.
• Supporting the Clearstream Cash Management process
• At least BAC/+2 level (or equivalent).
• Good knowledge of English. Another European language would be an asset (Italian, French or German).
• Sense of prioritisation;
• Good communication skills
• Excellent team player. The team promotes and requires task sharing
• Ability to work towards daily deadlines
• Good command of Excel and Word. Knowledge of Excel macros is an advantage.