HSBC Holdings plc, the parent company of the HSBC Group, is headquartered in London. The Group serves customers worldwide from around 3,900 offices in 67 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
With assets of US$2,7bn at 30th June 2019, HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations.
HSBC provides a comprehensive range of financial services through four global businesses: Retail Banking & Wealth Management; Commercial Banking; Global Banking and Markets; and Global Private Banking.
The HSBC Group in Luxembourg is a significant employer and operates several businesses including asset management, securities services, private banking and corporate banking.
For our securities services activities in Luxembourg, we are currently looking to recruit a:
Supervisor, A&V Alternative Funds (Private Debt)
Role and Responsibilities:
You will be part of the multinational Fund Administration department of HSBC France, Luxembourg Branch and work for a team dedicated to Alternative Funds with a specific focus on Private Debt (“PD”).
You will be responsible for the oversight of the production cycle and the validation of monthly and quarterly valuations. You will be responsible to supervise any Senior Fund Accountants assigned to your team as well as the supervision and oversight of the various off-shored accounting functions. You will be responsible for the alternative funds and closed ended private debt clients within the team.
Along with your team colleagues, you will be a primary point of contact for clients with regards to all Fund Accounting queries and ensure the highest level of service is provided to our clients.
As part of your role, you will continuously strive to enforce and enhance our control environment with the aim of mitigating and controlling our risks.
You will ensure the identification and prompt reporting of potential gaps and risks that may affect the Group, the clients and the Bank.
In addition, you will provide assistance to superiors in delegated projects/tasks as well as
assisting both the internal and external auditors during the funds and the banks reviews.
In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for the oversight of the production, accuracy and timeliness of net asset value calculations and release of all Funds.
• Assist the Manager in delegated tasks/projects (fund implementation, restructuring, launches, liquidations or other departmental projects)
• Assist with client contacts, and ensuring that all relevant client issues are resolved satisfactorily, within agreed procedures/guidelines.
• Ensure the identification and prompt reporting of potential gaps and risks that may affect the Group, the clients and the Bank.
• Ensure proper oversight of assets held on the fund, including adherence and compliance with valuation policies of Private Debt structures.
• Ensure complete documentation of Private Debt assets, legal documents, KYC etc.
• Ensure integrity, accuracy and timeliness of deliverables.
• Provide support and guidance to offshore teams in order for the service delivery to be met.
• Ensure procedures and controls are followed.
Experience and skills required:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent professional qualification, preferably in Audit, Accounting or Finance.
• At least 4-5 years’ experience, ideally in Net Asset Value calculations of Alternative funds.
• Previous experience of Private Debt structures is a requirement for this role.
• Professional accounting qualification such as ACCA, CPA, CIMA, would be an advantage.
• Strong technical knowledge of fund accounting, pricing and procedures
• Ability to meet targets and deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and deliver work with the required quality.
• Ability to communicate clearly and accurately with both clients and colleagues
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Luxembourgish funds regulation
• Very good command of Excel, Word, Access and affinity with fund industry software packages. Knowledge of Advent Geneva and Advent GWI would be an advantage.
• Perfect command of English, both in spoken and written, together with excellent communication skills are required for the role. A second European language such as French is also an advantage.
If you want to work in our challenging and multicultural environment and be part of a global team, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae (in English) to: email@example.com
HSBC in Luxembourg strives for true diversity in its workforce and as such we are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we will acknowledge your application only if we wish to proceed to interview. If you have not received a response within 4 weeks your application has not been successful.
Please also note that every selected candidate will have to provide us with a valid criminal record check in due time.
For any GDPR request, please send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org