Brickendon Consulting is a rapidly growing Transformational Consulting firm that provide solutions to global Banks and asset managers.
The company was established in 2010 by 2 partners, one of which is our CEO, Chris Burke, and since we have grown to over 100 people with a target to double in size over the next 1-2 years.
Technical VBA Developer
As a VBA Developer your duties will be as follows;
- Work with business users to develop and enhance systems/macro based applications.
- Developing and maintaining automated solutions to business and operational problems
- Work to understand the data and database schema held within associated systems and macro based applications to enable to lead data migrations to other systems
- Develop macros, databases and end-user applications to allow for bulk processing and enhancement of process controls
- Design and develop VBA application using the Best practices.
- Participate with team in designing conceptual model and working model and ensure consistency in architecture and design/code practice.
- Perfom data operations in SQL server.
- Provide ongoing support and maintenance of existing applications.
- Design custom UI pages, SQL Server, exporting data to the Microsoft Excel file.
- Prepare Test Case and perform n-unit testing s in coordination with Business owners and be able to test the applications before deploying it in production.
- Maintain Internal Control standards
As a VBA Developer you will have the following experience;
- 1 – 5 years of experience in VBA Development experience
- The candidates must have experience in creating Macro/VB Code within MS Excel.
- Working knowledge of Visual Basic Editor (VBE).
- Proficient skills in advanced spreadsheets, using validation, coding, ruling and macros.
- Must have strong communication skills and proven ability in understanding business objectives and providing solutions accordingly.
- Preferably have experience with SQL server
- Ability to create scripts, developing functions, adding control flow logic, loops etc.
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming, design and debugging skills
- Experience gained working within financial markets and Management Consultancy desirable.
- Other programming skills across Python, .NET desirable.