Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we consider applications for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status, and other characteristics protected by applicable law. For more information, for U.S. jobs only, please read our CEO Statement.
Main purpose of role:
Influences and contributes to strategic / transformational change at IFDS.
Inspires and empowers others to maximize performance. The role will be responsible for leading, monitoring, reporting on resources and budgets.
The role will manage a Department as Head or Deputy Head of the Department. As an individual contributor, the VP is recognized as a Subject Matter Expert. Where People Management is the focus, the role will manage a Team of Managers and Professionals.
- Demonstrates commitment to the IFDSL strategic goals
- Demonstrates Leadership operational behavioral skills PACE & L
- Models active corporate citizenship through involvement in mentoring, being a culture career, impacting diversity and development
- Partners with IFDS and SS locations to achieve best results
- Challenges existing situations and negotiates/influences to reach an acceptable outcome
- Looks for ways to improve efficiency
- Motivates and influences Managers and Team to deliver high level of performances while still managing risk
- Takes ownership for delivering business and client objectives
- Very good understanding of clients / business trends such that the role holder is able to advise and consult with clients on new trends, regulations or areas of concern
- Inspires and empowers others to maximize performance which contributes to the overall business strategy
- Promotes and provides opportunities for Team to develop professional skills
- Communicates well and often. Encourages open and honest feedback from all levels
- Enables transparency and ensures all appropriate information is cascaded down
- Objectively monitors team results and drives corrections or changes as needed
- Provides regular feedback to managers and more senior colleagues
- Lead and contribute to operational, client, risk, audit and regulatory meetings as required
- Provides continuous, proactive and constructive feedback
- Identifies and promotes the need for change. Helps to remove barriers, communicates needs, and leads initiatives.
- Partners with others inside and outside the local organization to deliver change.
- Creates an environment that is flexible and adaptable and is a champion of change
- Ensures participation in the completion and implementation of department wide projects as required and lead local team initiatives
- Exercise due care and diligence, ensuring the areas the role is responsible for are organised and controlled
- Comply with all regulatory regimes in which IFDS operates
- Manage the applicable risk associated with the team’s work including operational, reputational, financial, and regulatory risks
- Role Model of the operational principles PACE & L: Professional, Accountable, Client Focused, Excellence & Leadership
- Accountable for the delivery of a service, driving for excellence in all work activities
- Drive high quality, aiming for accuracy
- Plan effectively the way services are delivered so that all activity is directly related to providing quality services and meeting the expectations of the customer (internal and external)
- Continuously review processes and practices relating to the role and act as a catalyst for change and improvement in individual and team performance
- Observe standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties
- Communicate and promote the values which reinforce and support a consistent quality culture
Knowledge and Competency Requirements
- Graduate with related degree (preferably in a Finance, Economics, Business) and/or demonstrable related work experience within the financial sector
- Experience in the mutual fund industry is critical; segregated fund experience is preferredVery strong verbal and written skills, as well as high level of confidence interacting with senior business professionals
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills including good decision making and multi-tasking abilities
- Team player with ability to evidence leadership, credibility, and build consensus
- Ability to engage internal stakeholders across a number of different functional departments
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Customer Service orientation, with a proven ability to work with clients/customers and internal groups
- Ability to draw meaningful conclusions
- Flexibility and prioritization skills
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and develop new proposalsExtensive work experience in a similar VP role
- Ability to manage direct and indirect reports making up a virtual team
- Demonstrated leadership characteristics including initiative, follow-through and the ability to work autonomously
- Proven project management skills
- Strong attention to detail and flexibility to handle multiple projects and changing priorities
- Enthusiastic and proactive approach
- Fluent English language skills