a leading European IT solutions provider, is seeking a professional to cover the following opening: XML Analyst Context:
The application is an approved standard for the mark-up of legal documents in XML for the European Parliament. The application specifications detail the best practices for the usage of the system at the EP, covering both content structure and metadata. The application implementation also provides a second schema defining additional attributes and metadata elements specific to the EP. The overall scope concerns the main document types found across the legislative chain such as reports, opinions and amendments.
Defined by a subgroup which meets approximately twice per month, the project team aims to cover the main document types in the Ordinary Legislative Procedure, the most important being the legislative proposal of the Commission.
A 2nd system, on the other hand, is a project integrating several XML-based EP applications that aims to improve the legislative process from Drafting to Publication, including Verification and Translation. You will...
Job Requirements You have...
- For the first part, the analyst will be tasked with acquiring a knowledge and understanding of both applications. In doing so they will thus be able to assist the Official currently responsible for these two implementations at the EP. Specifically:
- maintaining existing specifications,
- writing new specifications for new document types,
- proposing modifications to solve client application requests and constraints,
- preparing for and attending AKN4EU working group meetings.
- Each of these tasks requires an awareness of the potential impacts on EP applications used during the process.
- As the second project's analyst, you will be required to gain a profound understanding of the different objectives and challenges of the project, the applications it encompasses, its business, organisational, and technological ecosystem
- In this way as the analyst you will be able to analyse both future developments and changes to the existing applications in order to facilitate the swift migration of the legislative process from the current implementation to the new platform.
You will get...
- University degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems or other relevant fields.
- At least 4 years of experience in development and analysis.
- Experience editing XML documents
- Ability to interpret and define XML schemas (.xsd)
- Experience defining XSL transformations (XSLT)
- Experience with complex workflows/business procedures
- Experience with Schematron would be an asset
- Ability to draft clear and comprehensive specifications in English
- Recognised attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to cope with complex situations under pressure
- French useful but not essential
- Competitive compensation package
- Continuous learning (with the most modern methods - unlimited access to Udemy for Business)
- Interesting and challenging work within large-scale projects
- International dynamic, fast-paced working environment
- Opportunity to work in a diverse environment with talented colleagues
For information regarding our company, current projects, and openings around Europe, please consult our website: www.intrasoft-intl.com . *Please submit your CV in English All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.