What is the opportunity?
Investor & Treasury Services Malaysia is a processing center of operational excellence supporting 10 countries across three geographic time zones. The country employs a global operating model to maximize efficiencies across time zones and supports a 24/7 operations.
As a Financial Analyst within the Finance department, you will be responsible for to the success financial records are accurate, deliver daily, weekly and monthly revenue reporting including decomposition of revenue drivers, collobrate with home location Business Controllers in supporting the business on financial records are accurate to deliver a first class Product Control function in line with SLAs and evidenced through Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Maintain the financial accounting records for given APAC entity. This includes, but not limited to: review and commentary of the non-trading P&L, monthly balance-sheet attestation and preparation of NIE and balance sheet journals
- Prepare reporting in line with RBC and statutory requirements, e.g. Standard of Documentation packages, SOX, GL attestation, assisting with home surveys, and Finance and Tax submissions to home authorities.
- Partner with the Business Controllers in identifying, investigating and resolving issues and concerns that are either self-identified, or highlighted by other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Accounts Payable COE to ensure accounts payable and fixed assets are accounted for accurately and timely.
- Partner with the Entity Controllers in identifying, investigating and resolving issues and concerns that are either self-identified, or highlighted by other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Entity Controllers and other stakeholders in project and efficiency initiatives as required.
- Contribute towards creating an environment and culture aligned with RBC's values and Leadership Model.
- Tertiary education qualified in Finance/Accounting or professional credentials (CPA/CA) discipline.
- 2+ years' experience in Financial Control or other Financial Services discipline.
- Strong communication skills, including proficiency in English (written and verbal).
- Competent PC skills - knowledge in MS Office-Excel.
- Previous relevant industry knowledge.
What's in it for you?
- Willingness to take on new challenges, confident and self motivated
- Working knowledge of financial market products
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance based bonuses, flexible benefits, and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- A world-class training program in financial services
- A collaborative dynamic culture where personal initiative and hard work are recognized and rewarded