Manager, Fund Accounting (Australia)
What is the opportunity?
As a Manager, Fund Accounting, you will manage a Fund Accounting team that is accountable for all controls and processes are followed in order to maintain accurate records for each fund and all exceptions and controls breaches are escalated immediately and resolved timely, ensure all audit and regulatory requirements are satisfied and key service level agreements met.
Responsible for the daily management of the operational team ensuring accurate and timely processing, reconciliation and valuation of inputs that go into determining the net asset value for the entire fund range. Region : Australia Working hours : 6.30AM - 3.30PM What will you do?
- Be accountable for ongoing client satisfaction by ensuring their needs and expectations are met through service excellence; act as the point of contact for escalated client issues and ensure they are resolved; participate in weekly/monthly oversight calls
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Deliver on operational effectiveness by managing the performance of the team against goals and providing continuous improvement ideas
- Manage risks by proactively identifying potential issues and mitigating them; ensure satisfactory audit results and train team continuously on accurate operational procedures
- Build a high performance team by hiring, training and developing them to deliver on overall operational goals; provide ongoing feedback and conduct formal performance reviews on a semi-annual basis; ensure Business Recovery Planning is conducted and tested on a regular basis
- Provide strong leadership through promotion of RBC values, communicating high quality standards and developing yourself against the RBC leadership model
- Management of resources to ensure that all daily task are completed to ensure high quality (timeliness & accuracy) of all NAV production deliverables are met within the deadlines and Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Post-secondary education with an accounting/finance concentration or equivalent experience.
- Strong in operational knowledge back end processing - Fund Accounting, OTC, derivatives, settlement, etc.
- Possesses VBA skills and expertise.
- 5 years' experience in managing and coaching teams of operations professionals including effective communication and presentation skills.
- Strong focus on risk management, change management and change mindset - ability to propose and provide solution for process improvement.
- As a guideline to ensure a reasonable time is spent in a role, you are expected to have at least 12 months of service in your current role for any lateral move.
- A sense of urgency to achieve excellent results
What's in it for you?
- Flexible, ability to cope with stress and pressure
- Good organizational awareness
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance based bonuses, flexible benefits, and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- A world-class training program in financial services
- A collaborative dynamic culture where personal initiative and hard work are recognized and rewarded