Manager, Issues & Regulatory Change
What is the opportunity?
As Manager, Issues & Regulatory Change, you will be an integral part of the RBC's Enterprise Risk within Group Risk Management. You will be leading the execution for of Issues Management, Self-Identified Issues Process and Regulatory Compliance Change Management activities within US Risk Office. What will you do? Issues Management:
Self-Identified Issues Process Governance:
- Coordinate the Issues Management activities for US Risk Office. Seek to continuously enhance the process, ensuring all activities are appropriately documented and supported with evidence.
- Consulting with the US Risk Office issue owners and issue sources (e.g. Internal Audit, 2nd Lines of Defense) as well as collaborating with other Issues Management functions and key partners as needed.
- Preparing issue management reporting for senior management, stakeholders and risk/ management committees and performing credible challenge to the due date extensions and escalation of significant concerns.
Regulatory Change Management:
- Participate in establishing oversight practices for self-identified issues process. Conduct stakeholder training and provide continuous support in the execution of the self-identified issues process.
- Perform credible challenge over self-identified issues, identifying and escalating non-compliance with approved practices and ensuring the challenge process is well documented.
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Conduct high-level interpretation of the regulatory requirements and execute regulatory change management activities by facilitating meetings with program stakeholders and other key parties as required, with overall goal to facilitate assignment of new or changing regulation to appropriate stakeholders.
- Monitor and facilitate discussions on findings for Regulatory Change Management process; maintain sufficient supporting evidence demonstrating the Regulatory Change Management process.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Law or other related fields with at least 8 years of experience in a Risk Management role in a Financial Services organization including people management.
- Strong knowledge of issue management lifecycle, issue remediation and validation requirements, risk and control framework, quality assurance reviews, operational risk management and senior management/ committee reporting with proven track record in project management and coordination / integration efforts across multiple groups.
- Proven ability to influence partners and challenge the status quo, including handling conflicts and issue resolution
- Strong communicator who is analytical, problem solver with strong attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, problem solver, solution oriented
- Ability to turn preliminary or ambiguous information, ideas, or problems into well-defined plans and solutions
What's in it for you?
- Familiarity with US Financial Institution regulatory landscape
- Risk Management (ex. FRM) certification
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
Join our Talent Community
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance based bonuses, flexible benefits, and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- A world-class training program in financial services
- A collaborative dynamic culture where personal initiative and hard work are recognized and rewarded
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at http://www.rbc.com/careers/index.html rbc.com/careers. JOB SUMMARY City:
Wisma RBC Work Hours/Week:
40 Work Environment:
Office Employment Type:
Permanent Career Level:
Experienced Hire/Professional Pay Type:
Monthly Required Travel (%):
N/A People Manager:
Yes Application Deadline:
Group Risk Management Req ID:
218786 Ad Code(s):