Manager, Production Assurance
What is the opportunity?
Investor & Treasury Services Malaysia is a processing center of operational excellence supporting 10 countries across three geographic time zones. The country employs a global operating model to maximize efficiencies across time zones and supports a 24/5 operations.
As a Manager, Production Assurance will act as a business expert to all Client Operations departments, which includes Transaction Management & Middle Office, Shareholder Services, Fund Accounting, Entitlements & Tax, Reconciliation Production Services, Data Service Delivery, Client Invoicing and Treasury & Market Services. They will be to manage and implement a wide range of tasks, including technical support, process improvements, global and local projects, testing, designing and delivering technical training. The Production Assurance is also responsible for reviewing and challenging the risk and control framework and must also ensure delivery versus timelines and that the company governance frameworks are adhered to. Region : Global Working hours : 11am - 8pm (but flexibility is required) What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Project Framework, Standardization & Management - Own and formalize framework across the organization by providing standards in project and program management including managing business initiatives for successful and quality implementation, supply right level of information to Directors/Senior Managers for decision making on project prioritization and implementation as well as recommend any improvement required to mitigate project/program risk in maximize investment returns, preparing project reporting as and when required by internal and external stakeholders on periodic basis for management.
- Operational Responsibilities - Escalation point for Client Operations staff in providing technical support and advice, understand the business environment and translate business processes into system requirements, collaborate to develop and deliver process improvement initiatives to enhance quality and productivity, work on project initiatives and migrations as the need arises, active involvement in the implementation of technological and operational initiatives to reduce/mitigate risks identified.
- Relationship Management and Communication - Develops long term relationships with targeted lines(s) of business, detailed understanding of the targeted business and collaborates with colleagues globally to achieve objectives.
- Management Excellence - Maintain effective relationships with all the teams in Client Operations including open lines of communication, manage stakeholders to deliver projects and communications to the required standards and builds capability within the team covering all facets of project delivery disciplines.
- Authorities, Impact, Risk - Work closely with Client Operations business managers on improving quality and timeliness, Operational Risk Management and to understand the error trends and reasons and business & Operational Risk to ensure that there is an adequate and effective system of internal controls and processes to address gaps, process breaks or inefficiencies.
- Management Information - Centralise all management information from Client Operations for MI reporting, Identify areas of improvement in terms of data gathering and data governance, MI reporting are delivered on time, Collate and analyze associated MI for training delivery and competency levelsand logical Access Reviews (LAM) to be completed on a timely manner.
- Team (Change Leadership) - Expresses a vision & helps builds a culture for change whilst strongly managing the Change Control Framework and ensures that the governance standards are maintained. Lead and implement change initiatives related to business processes and technologies. Collaborate with Operations team to ensure change is implemented in a controlled manner and all procedures are updated accordingly.
- Post-secondary education with an accounting/finance concentration or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience in the Financial industry with good business acumen, in which includes sound technical knowledge/experience in the Securities Services industry which typically encompass the Custody, Transfer Agency & Fund/Trust Services. Good knowledge about Fund Industry, products and Financial Markets in general, technical knowledge on the market practise for transactions & market settlements (Custody), calculating Net Asset Value & preparing financial statements (FA) and fund capital movement & settlement timelines (TA)
- Experienced in managing Project implementation and understanding the natural progression of a project (from Planning to Implementation), and experienced in implementing change management strategies and knowledge of change management principles
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tool and phases of the project lifecycle. Demonstrated track record of reengineering business processes and driving adoption across organization/department. Ability to identify concerns before the become problems, and to propose solutions to the concerns. Clear understanding of business process streamlining methodologies, and experience of implementing continuous improvement processes. Accredited in Lean, Six Sigma or other process improvement methodology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with outstanding attention to details, analytical, facilitation skills and stakeholder management skills. Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences, work effectively at all levels in the organization, and to establish and maintain strong relationships.
What's in it for you?
- Willingness to take on new challenges, confident, self-motivated, and work under pressure.
- Independent, confident, self-motivated, pro-active and mature.
- Familiarity with Macro, VBA, Python and Coding Skill would be added advantage.
- Any equivalent change management certification
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance based bonuses, flexible benefits, and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- A world-class training program in financial services
- A collaborative dynamic culture where personal initiative and hard work are recognized and rewarded