Supervisor, Entitlements & Tax
What is the opportunity?
RBC Investor & Treasury Services Malaysia is a processing centre of operational excellence supporting 10 countries across three geographical time zones. Malaysia is one of two operational processing hubs that supports Custody - Transaction Management; Settlements; NAV Production; Fund Reporting; Shareholder Services; Global Fund Platform Services; Data Service Delivery; Entitlements - income and corporate actions and Reconciliations. The country employs a Global Operating Model to maximise efficiencies across times zones and supports a 24/5 operational capability. The objectives for Malaysia are to enhance the scalability of our global operations, improve service quality via our 'centres of excellence' and to implement/leverage standard processes globally.
The role is within Entitlements & Tax department processing Corporate Action events.
Supporting Region : Luxembourg ( 4pm to 1am ) What will you do?
- Ensure that all allocated corporate events are:
-validated, checked and authorized within the required timeframes
-processed in adherence to the operational procedures
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Ensure Operational Events are maintained at an absolute minimum, or where occurring are not repetitive in nature as part of managing key risk indicators
- Ensure that the all instructions are processed and validated within the required deadlines
- Ensure all data entries are processed accurately and within the required timeframes
- Ensure that escalated client enquiries are answered within agreed service standards
- Responsible for ensuring all cash entitlements resulting from assigned corporate events are positioned and credited to clients accounts in line with currency deadlines
- To ensure the prompt escalation (same day) to the line manager of all matters which may present a potential financial loss or client service concern
- Continually ensure complete awareness of Client, Agent and Inter-departmental Service Level Standards / Agreements and ensure compliance at all times
- Must possess a thorough and methodical approach to the accurate processing of all allocated Corporate Actions.
- In depth knowledge and experience of Corporate Actions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills , networking abilities with sub-custodians and internal departments.
What's in it for you?
- Able to work under pressure
- Investment Operations Certificate (IOC) qualifications
- Possess a good technical knowledge of varying Corporate Actions within different markets.
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance based bonuses, flexible benefits, and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- A world-class training program in financial services
- A collaborative dynamic culture where personal initiative and hard work are recognized and rewarded