Application Support Engineer
Application Support is a global team that provides technical support across the suite of MarkitServ products. The application support team works closely with a highly competent Client Services team and the core project teams to resolve client issues whilst continually improving our platforms. Our work helps ensure that MarkitServ are providing a high quality service and maintaining client satisfaction. Position Summary
MarkitServ is seeking an Application Support professional to join the MarkitServ Application Support Team. The role encompasses 2nd line technical application support as well as integration support for our Trade Processing applications
. This person will report directly to the regional support manager and work closely with an experienced global team to contribute to the quality of our support. Duties & Accountabilities
Education and Experience
- Providing technical L2 and L3 support to both internal and external customers across our full suite of OTC Derivative products and FX for post-trade confirmation processing.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and have a natural ability to learn with a keen interest in technology.
- Able to apply strong technical skills and good business knowledge, together with investigative techniques and problem solving skills to identify and resolve issues in a timely and high quality manner.
- Liaising with other team members, Product, Development and particularly the Infrastructure teams as required for 3rd line escalation. Technical advisory will be required at times by Product and business or clients for solution delivery.
- Working directly with clients, to understand and resolve issues and liaising with delivery teams to ensure readiness for new platform releases.
- Responsible for handling escalations, identify and communicate technical resolutions in English.
- Work on initiatives around platform industrialization, proactive application health monitoring and reporting.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or an Mathematics degree or equivalent.
- Business level in English.
- Ability to read and trace Java, C++ and/or scripting languages.
- Possess the understanding of PAAS and implementation with OpenShift.
- Experience or having high motivation to pick up cloud implementation on AWS.
- Experience in handling client issues and expectation management.
- Experience in Application Support, software development and deployment (SDLC).
- Good Unix skills including scripting experience.
- Experience of XML and XSLT.
- Experience of databases, preferably but not limited to Oracle.
- Good understanding of messaging platforms and protocols like FIX and IBM MQ.
- Understanding of networking principles, its practical uses and basic troubleshooting.
- Experience in encrypted connectivity channels utilizing SSL and TLS.
- Have experience of working in the Finance Industry.
- Knowledge of the Financial standards, OTC Derivatives Market and FX products.
- Good understanding of Application Support processes.
- Awareness of Derivative products and Trade processing (desirable).
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.