Data Transformation Associate
Data Transformation Associate Location
Penang, Malaysia Job Type
Full Time Your role
Are you an analytical thinker? Do you enjoy working in big data or data transformation solutions ?
We're looking for a Data Transformation Associate, within the Maritime & Trade Division to:
- To scrutinize a variety of correspondence, official publications and other information sources to extract and evaluate relevant data
- To research and maintain data attributes directly related to ship movements, commodities line up and trade flows
- To assist in securing and maintaining quality data feeds to support IHS-M databases and products
- To ensure the team's work and methods are carried out according to Company's Quality policy
- To handle customer queries relating to maritime & trade data, ensuring a high level of customer services is provided as all times.
- To support data scientists and principal analysts on the development of product new feature and enhancement throughout the product life cycle
You will be working in the Maritime & Trade Data Transformation team based in Penang office for supporting our new market intelligence product known as Commodities @ Seas, which is part of a globally distributed group of analysts, data scientists and product managers.
Your colleagues are all diversified, capable, hard-working and collaborative professionals with years of experience working either directly in professional roles in industry or serving the industry through roles at information providers. Your expertise
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in maritime & shipping or relate field
- Previous work experience with database would be advantageous
- Knowledgeable in maritime & commodities trading affairs (Crude, petroleum product)
- Second language would be desirable, but not essential
- Good in MS Excel skills
- Good in geographic knowledge
- Ability to work to a high level of accuracy with attention to detail
- Good in investigate, research & analytical skills
- Work hour is in APAC shift, alternative day for working from home in the New Normal
- Work life balance culture
- Great opportunity to learn & training will be provided
- To work with a growing, diversified and dynamics team
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can. Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace. Your colleagues
We are over 14,000 analysts, data scientists and specialists armed with real-time technology and data, working together to uncover deeper sources of information. The unique insights we provide help the industries and markets that drive our economies operate more efficiently, outpace competition and secure long-term success. Our global insights impact nearly every major sector - from aerospace to automotive. We empower our customers by isolating cause and effect, risk and opportunity in new ways so they can make well-informed decisions with greater confidence. This is a force we call The New Intelligence. Join us
Boundaries belong on maps, not in your work. Start every day at IHS Markit with the excitement of what's next, by working with people from across the globe on interesting, cutting-edge projects and gaining once-in-a-lifetime learning experiences. It is easy to be passionate and invested in your work here, knowing you are causing an effect for some of the world's most influential companies. You'll get to be hands-on with, and see the direct impact, of your work. Career satisfaction just comes with the territory here. Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.