FP&A Senior Analyst/Principle Analysis
We are seeking a technically excellent, qualified individual to join the FP&A team based in the Penang office to support the fast growing and dynamic Financial Services division of IHS Markit. The FP&A organization drives the companies budgeting, forecasting and financial results analysis for the various internal and external stakeholders. The FP&A team works closely with business leaders and other shared service colleagues across the company including other areas of finance like accounting, order management, etc.
We are looking for a self-driven individual with great problem solving and analytical skills. This role will join the global centre of excellent team based in Penang responsible for supporting the Financial Services FP&A team in producing timely and valuable deliverables to the business leaders of the Issuer Solutions & Global Insights ("ISGI") sub-division of Financial Services. The key purpose will be to support the FP&A team lead for the ISGI subdivision by maintaining and update key reporting utilizing various data management systems, performing variance analysis, and help drive the team to consistency and standardization of reporting. Duties & accountabilities
- Provide high quality financial information that is provided on a timely and accurate basis with action orientated commentary and analysis.
- Accumulate data from various company sources to assist in the preparation of monthly financial deliverables
- Perform revenue validations utilizing analytical procedures and researching variances through review of billing data, accounting systems, and customer contracts.
- Assist in the development and distribution of a management dashboard report that tracks key performance metrics against business goals
- Track Operational expenses and research expense trends
- Assist in the develop of standard processes of collecting and aggregating data across the ISGI sub-division
- Preparation of key hiring and other expense metrics.
- Work as part of the wider Global FP&A team to develop consistent reporting and planning processes as well as driving the use of the tools including Power BI
- Look for opportunities to improve existing processes, implementing best practices and repeatable processes, reducing complexity.
- Assist in special projects or key initiatives for the dynamic FP&A organization
- Provide analysis and guide business leaders on headcount management to manage short term and long-term cost structure.
- Deal modelling and due diligence to support potential strategic acquisitions
- Be able to articulate the operational and commercial actions that need to be taken to deliver current year forecasts/budgets.
- Working closely with FP&A sub-division leader on budgets and forecasts with following objectives:
- Ensuring the business area has up-to-date high-quality revenue and expense forecasts highlighting the risks and opportunities against the plans.
- Ensure the business has an accurate budget in place that reflects any long-term plans prepared by the business and that is owned by the business.
- Timely submission of forecasts and budgets
- At least 4 years accounting / finance experience/or any relevant experience
- University graduate
- Microsoft Office 365 experience including Excel, TEAMs, and Power BI preferred & experience in Alteryx is an added advantage
- SAP and/or Essbase advantageous but not essential
- The candidate should have an Accounting/Finance background/or relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills for interaction with personnel across the finance organization with the ability and confidence to support members of IHS Markit's senior FP&A team on a day to day basis
- Ability to work towards deadlines and self-prioritise
- Thrives working in a fast-paced environment with ability to adapt to change
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.