Sales Operations Analyst Summary:
IHS Markit Engineering & Product Design (E&PD) business line is seeking a Sales Operations Analysis to join a Malaysia-based (Penang & Kuala Lumpur) team of Data Analysts responsible for providing business reporting and analytics, enabling the business line to increase revenue, manage cost efficiencies and improve third-party content supplier relationships. This position will report to the Operational Excellence Manager Associate Director of Operations Analysis of E&PD business who is currently based in Malaysia (Penang). Responsibilities will include performing data and financial analysis tasks and preparing deliverable reports in a variety of areas as well as to deliver analytical solutions on time and in line with stakeholder expectation. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with a Data Analytics background to join a large, successful multi-national corporation. Roles and Responsibilities:
Required Education & Experience:
- Perform a variety of analysis tasks using defined tools and processes, including customer product usage; sales performance; partner performance; margin; and general business analytics.
- Support projects such as model and tool development for new analysis tasks and process or tool improvement for ongoing tasks.
- Document and suggests continuous improvements in processes.
- Conduct, interpret, and present quantitative / qualitative analyses to direct management.
- Drive high standards of customer service and proactive stakeholder communication to ensure all requests and issues raised by stakeholders are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Statistics or similar area required.
- Minimum two years' experience performing analytical tasks in a business environment
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills, especially advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, visualization, data mapping, experience with VBA and macros is a plus).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct, interpret and present quantitative / qualitative analysis.
- Strong communication, consulting, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.