Research Analyst - Oil Pricing (US Shift: 11pm - 8am)
Are you an analytical thinker? Do you enjoy data research?
We're looking for a Research Analyst within the OPIS Division to:
- Use quantitative or qualitative data collection techniques, analyze data and prepare reports for presentation
- Process and Transform Data from data sources into internal price database
- Research data accuracy via daily audits of wholesale oil industry pricing
- Contact fuel suppliers and distributors when quality control questions arise
- Assist pricing team quality control through source verification and case analysis
You will be working in the OPIS Wholesale Pricing Team in various locations of The United States. The team of 5 direct colleagues and 12 secondary colleagues manages the flow of refined product wholesale price data which is published to hundreds of global customers ranging from major oil companies to municipalities to service station owners. OPIS pricing is vital for wholesalers because nearly every gallon of wholesale gasoline and diesel fuel sold in the U.S. at some point transacts on an OPIS published price. We have also begun to expand our reach globally, especially in Latin America, Australia and Canada. We are currently evaluating The Philippines as an expansion market. OPIS also publishes retail and spot trade level price assessments and we work closely with the colleagues from those lines of business daily as well. Your expertise You have
- a bachelor's degree, Mathematics degrees are a strong fit for this role
- Prior experience with data management
- Fluent in English, Spanish language skills are desirable based on our global customer base.
- Knowledgeable in SQL Server Management Studio, Power BI, All MS Office applications
- Strong in English communications skills with a team, both written and oral
- Organized with strong problem-solving skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Possess the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all co-workers, must be capable of working independently
- Have strong data analytics skills
- Malaysia Time : 11pm - 8am / 11:00 am to 7:00 pm Central Time UTC/GMT -5
- US shift allowance (600 MYR per month)
- Multinational exposure
- Flexible Benefits claims
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.