Research Analyst, Power & Renewables
IHS Markit is looking to expand its Asia power and renewables practice and is seeking a high-caliber analyst to join our fast growing team in Asia. This Research Analyst will be an important member of our power and renewable generation project tracking team, working closely with research teams in the region and globally to ensure data quality and consistency and conduct analysis on industry trends. Responsibilities
The Research Analyst will be conducting desktop research for power generation projects in the region, including thermal power (coal, gas, oil), hydro, nuclear, wind, solar, biomass, energy storage, among others.
Data collection would include the following aspects:
- Power and renewables generation project data, including information such as project name, generation capacity, equipment, ownership, shareholders, online year, etc.
- Cross-database data validation and quality control.
- Multi-lingual data source check.
- Support regional analysts for quantitative analysis and report writing.
- An undergraduate degree in a science, engineering, economics or other quantitative field.
- A strong interest in the energy sector.
- Aptitude for statistical analysis.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong team players that can work across geographies and time zones.
- Excellent English communication (reading / writing / speaking) skills
- Business Proficiency in Simplified Chinese/Thai/Vietnamese
- Primary research / journalistic skills including ability to cold-call developers and ask questions are plus.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.