Research Analyst, Power & Renewables
As part of the IHS Markit global power and renewables team, this Research Analyst will focus research on companies and strategies, reporting to the global lead for power and renewable company analysis.
The Research Analyst's core responsibilities are to provide qualitative and quantitative research support and create the associated databases and reports.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Conduct primary research on key power and renewable companies;
- Build and maintain company databases to support analysis;
- Work closely with in-country/region experts to ensure data/information accuracy and align messaging;
- Initiate and write briefings and other reports;
- Contribute to and eventually leading in-depth market studies;
- Collaborate to serve industry-leading clients on a continuous basis, providing market intelligence focused on competitive analysis and strategy support.
- Demonstrated interest in industry research
- At least 1 year experience in written research and strategy analysis, preferably in the energy sector;
- Keen attention to details;
- Strong analytical writing and communications skills using impeccable Business English;
- Strong market and business analytical skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Other desirable (but not required) skills: data science, Power BI (or other data/analytical tools), additional language skills (for reading & desktop research).
The candidate must be willing to handle multiple data gathering challenges to build our market intelligence capabilities, and show versatile problem solving skills in contributing to strategy analysis. The global nature of the team also means that the Research Analyst may be required to work evening hours during certain days; time flexibility is strongly desired.Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.