Research Intern (Power)
IHS Markit is looking for a research intern with a can-do attitude to join us for eight weeks in our P enang office over summer!
Under moderate supervision, the intern will be a member of the Climate and Sustainability Group (CSG) Team . The Research Intern will provide quantitative research support and assist senior staff in research datasets , contribute to regular contents and support events. General Job Duties:
This full -time research intern ship is for 20 2 1 summer , with the potential to being offered a full-time position in 202 1 .
General duties include:
Specific Job Duties:
- O rganize and maintain IHS Markit CSG database.
- Identify and discern policy and commercial market trends in the APAC power and renewable s sector s.
- Track key energy projects and company activities by conducting primary research online and contacting key players to verify critical information.
- Support client and internal administrative activities.
- Support senior researchers' activities by producing deadline-driven analysis for site visits, consulting projects, and client presentations .
- Build and maintain databases to identify trends in APAC countries.
- C ontribute analysis to research reports and presentations by going through industry periodicals and external data sources .
- Contribute to business needs by working under the direction senior members of the team to create spreadsheets , graphics and slides.
- S eek out peer review of materials and provid e benchmarking in areas of assigned disciplines.
- Help internal administrative tasks including preparing relevant materials and compiling reports, among others.
- Bachelor's degree in business management, economics, finance or liberal arts.
- Proficiency in languages common in Japan, Korea, or Southeast Asia are a plus.
- S trong analytical and quantitative skills .
- E ffective verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills at all levels of business .
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment and ability to navigate and excel in a complex, heavily matrixed organization, and relate successfully to a variety of people externally and internally.
Application and assessment process
- H ighly organized and creative with accomplished time management skills
- Proficien t with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
The assessment process that follows is designed to ensure you can learn more about us, showcase your skills, and find a role that is right for you. Stage 1:
Submit online application Stage 2
: Online pymetrics assessment Stage 3:
Initial screening process Stage 4:
Final stage assessment day
You may be considered for multiple suitable roles throughout this process. If these roles fall within the same stream, you will be assessed during the same process. If the roles fall across multiple streams, you may be asked to complete different assessments aligned to those roles. Our commitment to diversity
Our business and our customers are diverse, and we believe that embracing a diverse and inclusive environment is key to defining who we are. Our people are what makes us unique and you will get the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds from across the world who continuously find the best viable solutions, adding value and driving change for our customers.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.