Tax Assistant/Associate – Johor Bahru Office
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and society. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you unrivalled opportunities to realise your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Deloitte's Tax Services help companies and individuals manage their tax costs and obligations effectively, especially in the area of cross-border tax matters. Leveraging on Deloitte's global resources and reach, our Tax professionals keep clients abreast of developments that have tax implications and advise them in structuring investments, merger and acquisitions, transfer pricing, tax planning and compliance. Work you'll do
Your role as a leader
- Perform compliance tax services for clients engagements in varied industries
- Utilise tax software to prepare and process returns
- Conduct compliance and reporting, tax management, risk and control assessment
- Research and consult on various tax matters
- Contact clients and officers from the Inland Revenue Board, Ministry of Finance and other government agencies
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Associates across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the expectations set and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping own performance on track.
- Understand how our daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to personal learning and development.
- Actively focus on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills, with stakeholders, clients and team.
- Degree in Accounting/Economics/Taxation from recognised universities or any professional qualification. Non graduates/finalists with relevant working experience are encouraged to apply.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Strong IT competency
- Solid ability to prioritise and organise workload
- Active participant in career development and training processes
- Teamwork - strong ability to work with others and share responsibilities
Kindly attach your resume when submitting your application. Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
In Malaysia, the services are provided by Deloitte and other related entities in Malaysia ("Deloitte in Malaysia"), which are affiliates of Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd. Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. Deloitte in Malaysia, which is within the Deloitte Network, is the entity that is providing this Website.
Requisition code: MT110-175412-2019