AMS Consultant - Application Managed Services (Cloud Support) - MY
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and society. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you unrivalled opportunities to realise your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now. Work you'll do
Cloud is transforming the way technology enables the business. It represents a radical shift in how IT services are obtained, used, and managed. Companies are navigating through the various cloud options and deciding between private, public, or a combination across different and dynamic provider ecosystems. Our cloud specialists guide our clients through multi-year journeys from the case for change through implementation across all dimensions of cloud - business alignment, technology architecture and design, cloud application on-boarding, and transforming their operating model to help solve our clients most complex issues with the focus on value creation.
Our practitioners work collaboratively within integrated, cross-functional teams to deliver comprehensive strategies that enable Cloud and Infrastructure transformations. Teamwork is crucial as teams are composed of a diverse group of specialists across multiple disciplines from both within our consulting practice and from our clients, helping drive towards a successful outcome. Our practitioners are expected to own and deliver their respective deliverables while managing different clients and other stakeholders.
In partnership with other leaders in the firm, you will focus on selling and delivering cloud solutions using AWS. As Cloud Architect, you will you will drive the design and delivery of world-class cloud solutions for our clients, providing expertise on cloud infrastructure services including design, build and migrate. This includes taking a lead role in the cloud architecture and engineering practice. You will be challenged to find approaches that enable rapid adoption of new cloud services and drive transformation for our clients business and IT processes.
Your role as a leader
- Promote public cloud internally to sales and delivery teams to drive growth.
- Be the go to person for Cloud Architecture. You should have a deep understanding of services offered on Public Cloud platforms and understand how to use them together to build complex solutions.
- Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of Public Cloud and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the public cloud solutions architect community
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, delivery teams and support.
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Consultants across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the objectives and expectations set and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping own performance on track.
- Develop themselves by actively seeking opportunities for growth, demonstrating commitment to personal learning and development
- Seek opportunities to challenge themselves, collaborate with others to deliver and takes accountability for results
- Build relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and stakeholders
- The right person will be detailed, highly technical, having 4+ years of current solution architecture experience, including consulting and implementation for hybrid, and non-hybrid solutions. Demonstrated experience in an enterprise environment, and experience with AWS is an advantage
- The candidate is AWS Certified (at least Solution Architect Associate level) will have a thorough understanding, familiarity and experience with Amazon Web Services. They will keep themselves up to date with the latest and greatest developments in the Public Cloud arena, and should have a thorough and deep understanding of key differentiators between Amazon Web Services and competing offerings from Azure, GCP etc.
- Experience in the establishment of an automated DevOps release management pipeline which delivers tooling for next generation application development efforts (the Dev) and on-going production operations (the Ops).
- A thorough and in-depth understanding of Container based architectures
- Experience architecting infrastructure solutions (preferably on Amazon Web Services) using both Linux/Unix and Windows with specific recommendations on server, load balancing, HA/DR, & storage architectures
- 6+ years architecting, implementing and supporting Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services infrastructure and topologies
- Experience with Enterprise application and database architecture is an advantage
- Experience with deploying cloud based solutions and workload migration strategy using tools
- Understanding of Agile, SCRUM and Continuous Delivery
- Demonstrated skills in communication (oral, written, presentation), analysis, problem solving and short term and long term planning.
- Experienced, persuasive and effective presenter, both written and verbal.
- Must be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision.
- Willingness to work outside of office base and most of all...
- An appreciation of the consulting lifestyle and ability to travel (both locally and abroad) is a pre-requisite to fit to our short-term and long-term project assignment.
- Working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired
- Degree in computer-science, engineering or equivalent
- A robust understanding of ERP technical architectures SAP, Oracle etc.
- Well love you if you have multi-cloud (AWS, Azure or GCP or both) knowledge, and experience.
Positions may be based in Malaysia
but project locations could be anywhere in the Asia-Pacific Region. Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.