AVP, Governance & Assurance
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities Processes
People and Talent
- Review and update the existing delivery assurance requirements in assurance process are up-to-date and relevant.
- Develop and implement the detail procedure and requirements on the Third-Party Contingency Plan annual test, and govern the implementation result with compliance.
- Support the development and integration of governance of resilience standards for vendor provided services across T&I and SC Ventures
- Identify E2E Delivery Assurance governance process for a systematic review and governance on the assessment end results and for process improvement.
- Consolidate the various delivery assurance workflow into an end to end flow with a centralised tool to enhance the engagement model and turnover SLA
- Establish regular review sessions with delivery assurance process management team for continuous service improvement.
- Planning, leading delivery and reporting of assurance reviews reports which drive insight and decision, including follow up actions
- Document work/operation instruction documents for delivery assurance processes and centralised/standard document repository mechanism/approach/tool.
- Support annual review of process, standards and gross risk are completed timely with documentary evidence to support
- Identify any opportunities for automation & self service & create an automation BOW on resilience assessments, capability/availability and service level management, centralized tooling for continuity management
- Ongoing maintenance and development of the IT Resilience Framework
- Support the development of IT availability and capacity management standards and process
- Identify opportunities on automation and machine learning language where possible.
- Support ITSM-SD teams in SLA agreement lifecycle management
- Implement the governance process and procedure for OLA.
- ITIL knowledge beyond theory - Professional standing with strong experience of both the technical and managerial aspects of IT Service Continuity Management, Capacity Management, Service Level Management and Availability Management
- Preferable attained the Management Certificate in IT Service Management
- 10 years of solid experience in relevant areas above, and also in managing Resilience/Crisis Management & Continuity/IT DR/IT Risk Management and assessments
- Experience in building & implementation of ISO and ITIL best practices.
- Expert understanding of appropriate finance industry standards and best practice, global regulatory compliance for service continuity and third party outsourcing.
- Deep understanding in controls and governance of IT services (ie Platform, Database, DC, Storage, Middleware & Web, Cloud computing, DevOps)
- Possess technical understanding with ability to translate into business con cepts
- Ability to analyse complex issues and translate into clear and concise reports to facilitate decisions required from Senior Management.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage complex processes/projects and changes with multiple experience in managing cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines and with a high degree of initiative.
- Ability to bring together and work with teams with varied backgrounds to articulate and remedy IT service governance and assurance related issues.
- Statistical, numerical and analytical principles and processes
- Innovative thinking with service quality, and its improvement, within limits of costs and business
- Possess strong influential, collaboration, negotiation, decision-making, problem-solving skills and able to interact effectively with others
- Have banking and financial institutions experience preferred
- Provide regular constructive feedback to the team to build on strengths and achieve results
- Contribute to the development of a management approach to identifying, planning and managing IT resilience risks and remediation plans.
- Support all audits with related to outsourcing compliance & provider through leadership
- Promoting the continuous improvement of risk and resilience through the improvement of processes and framework
- Implement process to regularly monitoring appropriate risk profiles and material exposure to losses and provide appropriate reporting mechanisms to the management.
- Compliment the operational risk management framework & Enterprise risk management framework in order to help maintain a controlled, transparent and focused resilience risk management capability
- Contribute to the improvement of the effectiveness of the Internal Controls programme by reviewing the control environment, risk assessment process & control metrics.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Participate and contribute to process forums involving service design, service transition and service management teams
- Work with other Risk & Control to ensure all potential/identified risks arising from process change are managed.
- Develop & integrate governance of resilience standards for vendor provided services across T&I and SC Ventures
- Complete Ongoing Assessment & Governance of resilience & recovery capabilities driving availability objectives for IT against Business and regulator expectations
- Govern IT's performance and ensure IT Resilience, capability, availability and SLM results are assessed, appropriate actions raised and actions managed to conclusion
- Continuous Improvement Plan, Process Improvement Plan, Management reports.
- Identify E2E Delivery Assurance governance process for a systematic review and governance on the assessment end results and for process improvement
- Support the development of IT Resilience training program base on real life experience and historical cases from delivery assurance process
- Track the required continuous improvements activities and drive and monitor the implementations and monitor the effectiveness outcomes.
- Alignment with key stakeholders [BR, Tehc Support, CIO, Group Resilience], to establish future developments and identify areas of risk
- Implement appropriate governance controls to demonstrate adherence to the implemented Resilience Capacity and Availability management framework, identifying gaps and consolidating feedback for improvement.
- Oversee MSLA addendums between Country and Group Technology, in adherence to regulatory requirements (team coordinates for their region)
- Drive and ensure the expected service quality and service levels of services agreed with stakeholders are delivered.
- Analyse, review and report performance results against the criteria established in SLAs and OLAs and work with process manager teams for continuous improvements and service improvements as required.
- Strong knowledge on global and country regulators' regulations and requirements for compliance purpose.
- and others
- Review and map global and country regulators' requirements (especially on the third party outsourcing and Cloud) and ensure the compliance within delivery assurance process.
- Establish service management and service reporting standards to deliver improved focus on service availability to the Business and regulatory mandate
- Map relevant countries' regulatory control requirements to T&I & ITSM standards
- Develop comprehensive and end to end controls within T&I and ITSM standards to monitor adherence and compliance.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Head, IT Service Management - Service Design and IT Resilience
- ITSM-SD & ITR - Process Owner and Process Management Teams
- IT Service Management (ITSM) leaders and teams
- Business Resilience Management and Third Party Resilience teams
- Business and Service Owners in all Client Segments
- Country Technology Managers
- Technology Service Managers
- Technology support teams
- Service Delivery project teams
- Technology Governance team
- Technology Services and CIO Management teams
- Group Resilience
- Service Level Management
- Availability Management
- Capacity Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- DRI (CBCP, CBCA), BCCE, DRCP, EDRP, CBRITP, CBCI or equivalent qualifications
- ISO Standards (ie ISO 22301:2019, BS11200:2014)
- Automation, AI and Machine Learning
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .