Account Manager, GSAM
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 20 Jun 18 2018-06-20
Account Manager, GSAM
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
We are currently looking for Account Manager, GSAM
- To take responsibility and accountability for the management of all problem accounts and other accounts specifically assigned to GSAM.
- To ensure that risks are properly identified and assessed, account objectives are agreed and that strategies and action plans are formulated and implemented so as to minimize risks, prevent losses, maximize recoveries and restore profits through rehabilitation, workout, direct recovery actions and legal processes.
- To manage designated Problem Accounts and other accounts specifically assigned to GSAM.
- To assist GSAM Senior Account Managers to represent and negotiate to protect the Group's interest in complex group and multi-lender restructuring / recovery actions by using strong influencing skills.
- To manage the potential risk from litigation, regulatory and other claims and to negotiate personally in complex situations.
- To evaluate and make judgements on the credit risks of applications as required, and to assume personal responsibility for particular accounts.
- To deal with external and internal stakeholders and develop robust workable relationships with them.
- To formulate account strategies and action plans.
- To make recommendations about impairment provision on the designated Problem Accounts.
- To be well versed in relevant law & regulations to provide guidance in legal issues.
- To maintain a broad business knowledge and to structure creative solutions.
- To comply with all relevant regulations and internal Risk & Compliance policies and procedures.
- To ensure that forecasts on Loan Impairment Provision are accurate and timely.
- To ensure that lessons learned from bad debt/problem loan experiences are shared on a Group wide basis.
- To ensure that the risks arising from litigation, environmental claims, regulatory censure or potential reputational loss in regard to Early Alert Accounts and Problem Accounts are minimized.
- To ensure compliance with Group and Local policies, procedures and codes, including anti-money laundering.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Strong negotiation, managerial and organizational skills to manage the accounts.
- Strong interpersonal skills coupled with professional integrity in order to command respect / credibility in situations involving conflicting interests (internal and external).
- Tertiary academic qualification and/or extensive practical know-how in accounting, finance and banking practice and theory.
- Significant experience in the banking industry, with sound knowledge of risks involved in lending; particularly corporate lending.
- Sound practical and technical knowledge of laws relating to bankers' rights, corporate finance, security documentation and realization, appropriate Corporate Law, receivership, bankruptcy and winding up.
- Ability to resolve conflicts, manage crises and solve problems, withstand pressure, work efficiently, set priorities and organize management time among numerous accounts needing urgent attention simultaneously, with initiative, creativity, resourcefulness, analytical ability, energy and determination to execute and win.
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing, and to conduct meetings (often in hostile/confrontational circumstances and/or at very Senior Corporate / Bank levels) and focus to relevant issues.
- An ability and willingness to exercise initiative, make decisions, exercise responsibility and accept accountability for actions taken / decisions made.
Proposition - A diverse culture
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive en, ironment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now...