Administrator, TLM - (6 Months Contract)
What is the opportunity?
RBC Investor & Treasury Services Malaysia is a processing center of operational excellence supporting 10 countries across three geographical time zones. The country employs a Global Operating Model to maximise efficiencies across times zones and supports a 24/5 operational capability.
You will be responsible for the day to day processing of reconciliations including Asset and Cash accounts. The breaks on the reconciliation need to be kept to a minimum level to ensure accurate data is being maintained. In addition, to ensure that any core transactional activities over a stock or cash account are monitored and discrepancies managed, reported, analysed and addressed. The role also ensures efficient delivery of prescribed service to internal and external clients within the set time frames with a high level of quality & fostering a client centric mind-set throughout the team.
You will be supporting UK region, working hours would be between 4pm - 1am / 5pm -2am. However, flexibility is required to support business needs. What will you do?
• Ensure daily deliverables of Cash and Asset reconciliations are completed, sign-off all checklist daily to ensure staff had followed procedure and control to complete daily reconciliations. Investigation of all cash and asset breaks to ensure team has correctly assigned their breaks, reduce departmental errors.
• Conduct training for the team on Cash & Asset reconciliation, maintain procedural updates and provide process training to enhance teams knowledge on the process.
• To be responsible for ensuring that reconciliations provide direct support and value to the business through initiatives that result in greater effectiveness and efficiency.
• Responsible for the identification and escalation process for reconciliation breaks which may represent a financial or reputational risk to the business or clients. Point of escalation for the team, to manage critical queries and to solve complex reconciliations issues
• Ensure weekly break analysis is perform and escalate when necessary for break that has no notes, invalid notes and aged breaks.
• Ensure the effective management of appropriate controls inclusive of policies and procedure. Responsible for updates and review of all key risk related documents. Produce and maintain statistical information, preparation of reports and analysis for decision making.
• Ensure regular communication with key stakeholders & oversight team.
• To provide management coverage in the absence of the manager.
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
• 3 to 5 years Custody and Banking experience in operations/back office. Basic operational knowledge / experience in Transaction Management, Corporate Actions, Foreign Exchange, Cash Payments, Shareholder Services, Fund Accounting or equivalent.
• Familiar with Nostro, Suspense and Asset reconciliations within Investment / Global Markets / Securities or Custody operations and have worked with reconciliations platforms such as TLM (preferable), SARA, DUCO, Intellimatch or any other recognized reconciliations platforms.
• Familiar with core banking platforms: Milvus, Focus, Hiport, GPlus or similar
• Demonstrates coaching and leadership ability with excellent communication skills. Ability to work under pressure and to prioritize actions.
• Experience in Capacity management of the team to meet the BAU and Non-BAU requirements Nice-to-have
• Competent in MS Excel, P
owerPoint and Visio (essential) / MS Access DB (preferred)
• Flexibility in working hours able to work in a team to achieve goals
• Excellent attention to detail, strong analytic skills , innovative mindset, good decision making & problem solving skill
• Well-developed organisational, administrative, interpersonal and networking skills What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
• A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance based bonuses, flexible benefits, and competitive compensation
• Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
• A world-class training program in financial services
• A collaborative dynamic culture where personal initiative and hard work are recognized and rewarded