The role sits within our Decision Analytics business, one of our four Global Business Lines.
Experian Decision Analytics helps client achieve and sustain significant growth. We do this by enabling clients to make analytics-based customer decisions that support their strategic goals. As experts in uniting business understanding with consumer and business information, analytics and strategy execution, we empower clients to optimize customer value and actively manage it over time. This role therefore has clear accountability for creating measurable value within our client organizations. Purpose of Role
Projects will primarily involve delivery of analytical solutions on micro-lending strategy team for telecom clients. This role is responsible for efficiently and effectively developing risk/ propensity models and designing the lending strategies for micro lending to telecom subscribers while managing the expectations from multiple clients. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Own the development, implementation and tracking of Micro Lending strategies for Telco clients.
- Develop, monitor and fine tune industry best practice risk/ propensity/ segmentation models for telecom clients using Python/ R.
- Develop data driven strategies to optimize revenue via improved acquisition (Increase acceptance rate, Reduce Bad rate), account management (additional top up, activation etc.) & collections.
- Analyze Top up and revenue pattern based on customer behavior and provide recommendation to new products/ offers.
- Generate ad-hoc management reports to demonstrate the impact of the strategies.
- Expertise to perform hands-on modelling work including data extraction, manipulation and model development.
- Establish continuous analysis of subscriber data to achieve deeper understanding of customer profiles, behavior and product requirements.
- Mentor and coach junior team members in model development process
- Ability to deliver strategies/ model with a very short turn-around time through process optimization.
- Proactively communicate project status and deliverables through the life of the project
- Ensure issues raised by the client are resolved in a timely and efficient manner
- Support stakeholders by providing guidance on data, project design to implementation.
- Strong Financial Acumen, able to manage the revenue and cost of the portfolios.
- Flexible to travel to client locations on short notice for project delivery/presales (up to 10%)
- 5-7 years of experience in telecom industry working on data analytics and strategy design with exposure to client handling and project management.
- Experience in manipulation of large data sets including data acquisition from all relevant sources, maintain databases/data systems, analyzing, and interpreting patterns in complex data files, both structured and unstructured.
- Deep undersigning of telecom data structure and types eg CRM data, CDR data, VAS data, USSD etc.
- Experience in analyzing telco data and delivering projects covering:
- Statistical modelling/ customer segmentation on Telco customers for potential cross sale or up-sale opportunities.
- Target market segmentation on profitability and credit risk.
- Pricing strategy development for telecom product through customer behavior analysis, price sensitivity analysis, and network utilization.
- Identifying risky telco customers by their propensity to default.
- Predicting customer churn, activation and conversion to more value added services
- Ability to understand customer requirements and design analytical products according to client needs and support go to market strategy
- Experience in designing comprehensive MIS reports to help business decision making and providing consulting to the clients in determination of appropriate analytical methodology to their business benefits
- Analytical Consulting experience is a plus, supporting major telecom companies or other reputed consulting firms/ working in the risk analytics (model development & Validation).
Skills & Competencies
- Thorough understanding of development of risk/ propensity models and lending strategies using the said models to accelerate portfolio growth is a must.
- Thorough understanding of telco business and impact of strategies on subscriber behavior is a must.
- Strong programming skills in Python and R is a must.
- Strong understanding of the use and application of conventional analytical methodologies (Linear and Logistic Regression etc.) and segmentation techniques (CHAID, CART etc.).
- Experience in development, monitoring and fine tuning of machine learning models.
- Ability to interpret technical features into commercial benefits.
- Excellent and proven analytical and programming skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent and proven project management skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills.